COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Guardian

BREAKING: Christmas cancelled for London, South East and East, as areas moved into new Tier 4 with “stay at home” message by law. Christmas bubbles only allowed for Tiers 1 - 3 on Xmas Day with “stay local message”. International travel not advised. Latest plan.
At least the northerners will stop saying the south gets favoured

Before KO quick updates on other nations. More after game.

N Ireland really struggling too now: 17 deaths (most yet in wave 2) and 640 cases - highest here since before the recent lockdowns there. Big week to week rises starting to happen worryingly.

THIS is exactly what could happen in the NW and GM for all those mad about whatever new restrictions we hear about today.

We are doing well right now - but so was N Ireland a month ago.

But Scotland not quite so grim. Though deaths up here week to week as well.

Scotland 41 deaths (up from 39) and 572 cases at just 4.0% positive.

Lowest positivity number in any area in recent weeks.

Let us hope the Southern mutant strain can be contained as it will be just as dangerous anywhere in the UK.

Those planning on travelling over Christmas remember that please. You catch it there. You may infect your entire family and all your mates when back home.

And whilst we are hopeful we still do not know if it might not have a different medical outcome.

Not impossible it might be more dangerous for younger people this time around.

What was the point in 5 days free pass over Christmas? Why so long? Surely just a day or 2 days would have been sufficient? I've seen it stated thats its so long to allow people to travel to and from Northern Ireland but realistically how many people will be doing that? I know that even 2 days is still long enough for the virus to transmit but giving people such a long window, knowing that they'll probably take the piss, has always seemed unnecessarily long to me.

So most people were expecting London to go into Tier 3 after lockdown due to the cases increasing, they didn't and stopped in Tier 2. Now just a matter of days after being put into tier 3 they are looking to create a new new even stricter level for them to go into.

The handling of this has been an absolute farce.

432 deaths without out of hospital England today. Versus 393 last week.

Cases from the three nations without England 4277 versus 3034 last week.

All tracking upward unfortunately.

We have a lot more of Pfizer and Astrazeneca jabs

Yes, the UK is largely dependent on the Astra one, I think, for ease of use/delivery, amount of doses and availability in the UK. I don't know how much Pfizer vaccine has arrived so far, but I thought Trump had claimed the first 100M from Moderns, so it may be some time before much arrives here.

I hope someone has bought Boris a watch for Christmas... Missed the start time yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.