COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Government has got virtually all the key decisions wrong but they deserve credit for the way they have handled the vaccine procurement. They have gambled a lot on the Oxford vaccine but if the decision to pre-order 100m doses was correct we could be one of the first countries out of this crisis. Let's hope they have got this one right. We'll soon find out.
The Govt did get the MHRA approval decision for the Pfizer vaccine right.
However on the procurement of the 'Oxford' vaccine then I wouldn't have expected anything less than a substantial purchase of our 'home made' vaccine.I don't agree that it's a gamble. It's justified and necessary irrespective of the success of the vaccine ( BTW I fully expect it to be successful and the most effective globally).
We should expect public officials to do their jobs well ( everyone else is expected to in their day to day life).
Overly praising them because of a very low bar of competence set by the Government is misplaced IMO.

50 of todays England hospital deaths in Kent hospitals and a few more in London. Really awful down there.

Manchester at 8 was highest in NW.

Age ranges 11 aged 40 - 59, 128 aged 60 - 79 and 200 aged over 80.

Just think if we prevent most of those last groups with vaccine over the next 2 months (which if Oxford comes on stream we can) the huge difference that will make to the the tragic reports I have to post daily.

It's looking inevitable that we will have another lock down, will he have the plumbs to announce it before Christmas ? Im certain they will want as much open as they can in terms of christmas spending. Cant see much else for them to close considering most of the country is already in tier 3

From the Guardian

BREAKING: Christmas cancelled for London, South East and East, as areas moved into new Tier 4 with “stay at home” message by law. Christmas bubbles only allowed for Tiers 1 - 3 on Xmas Day with “stay local message”. International travel not advised. Latest plan.

He should just cancel the holidays instead of more twiddling , mess of his own making , cant stop himself making promises all along that he darent go back on
Ideal opportunity to try and get it down while a lot of people are off for a couple of weeks I’d have thought?
No we will have 5 days of madness and go into full lockdown in Jan!

He should just cancel the holidays instead of more twiddling , mess of his own making , cant stop himself making promises all along that he darent go back on
He could but it would be pointless, people will do what people are doing. They won't change now.

From the Guardian

BREAKING: Christmas cancelled for London, South East and East, as areas moved into new Tier 4 with “stay at home” message by law. Christmas bubbles only allowed for Tiers 1 - 3 on Xmas Day with “stay local message”. International travel not advised. Latest plan.

If this is true I would just like to thank all the selfish knobheads around here. Guess will take our presents to the in laws this evening before we get locked in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.