COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say that I am quite interested to see what he is going to backtrack or contradict himself on this afternoon.

The opening up for Xmas is a huge mistake, quite how we have got to this point so close to Christmas amazes me.

The scientist are saying not to open up, everyone i have discussed this with thinks it is a big mistake and the only people who seem to want to have this break in restrictions are the government.

And even they are saying its not a good idea now but won't change their plan.

This mutant strain thing getting a bit serious now.
Bo Jo holding a cabinet meeting now and press conference later.
Peston referring to it as a made in UK virus strain rife in Kent and South East/ London.
This now confirmed by Whitty.

I'm still very cynical that there is a notable mutation. We'll see. When it was spreading like mad up north no was citing a new strain. Looked like London has just caught up to where we were a few weeks back, sadly. It feels like a very easy justification to go back on the xmas messaging, which I think they're gonna try and grab onto tbh. Fair enough, but I do sense a bit of opportunism here.

Thought this but looks like CMO etc going along
Have to say that I am quite interested to see what he is going to backtrack or contradict himself on this afternoon.

The opening up for Xmas is a huge mistake, quite how we have got to this point so close to Christmas amazes me.

The scientist are saying not to open up, everyone i have discussed this with thinks it is a big mistake and the only people who seem to want to have this break in restrictions are the government.

And even they are saying its not a good idea now but won't change their plan.

Polling shows about 70% of people will be mixing households at xmas so your in the minority if you don’t want it

Currently in France visiting relatives and luckily didn‘t have to come in contact with anybody from door to door, although they can’t be held up to any great light the French in Covid cases they are least all wearing masks in and outside and there is a curfew which kicks in at 8pm, Dieppe is a reasonably sized coastal port and 95% are abiding by the rules and believe me from coming over many times there’s nothing the French like doing more is flaunting laws.

Return on Tuesday and will do our 10 days isolation and hopefully by the new year the Oxford vaccine comes online and we get back to some normality.

I dont usually see good in this government but the lady in charge of vaccine procurement has done an excellent job.
I think the Government has got virtually all the key decisions wrong but they deserve credit for the way they have handled the vaccine procurement. They have gambled a lot on the Oxford vaccine but if the decision to pre-order 100m doses was correct we could be one of the first countries out of this crisis. Let's hope they have got this one right. We'll soon find out.

Some big numbers will be coming today I am afraid.

Wales first 3065 cases and 35 deaths. Both well up on last Saturday and 3065 a new record for Wales. Dirst daily total over 3000.

England hospital deaths up again too, sadly. Not sure if this is wave 2 part 2 or wave 3. Either way it is here.

339 - the highest yet on Saturday in the second wave.

But the better news FIVE other areas had more deaths than the NW where only 23 occurred.

The only area with less was the East of England with 21.

Even the South West had more. The area Boris famously cited as it being unfair to put into restrictions when instead of a national lockdown he imposed months of heavy restrctions on much of the NW.

We will have a national lockdown now, of course, as everyone outside of the government has known for weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.