COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine in the states who works in a hospital just received his first shot of the pfizer vaccine, he said the 2nd shot will be in 3 weeks. He’s gonna keep me updated if he starts growing wings or extra limbs.

The man who invented the test they use is on record saying it’s not to be used for that and doesn’t tell you if you’re carrying the virus or not
The multiple cases of people getting positives when they’ve swabbed nothing and just sent it back and a lad I know failed to turn up for a test and still got a text telling him he had tested positive.
They then use the numbers this not fit for purpose test shows to justify locking us in our homes and destroying more and more people’s lives by the day
We are told who we can and can’t see, who we can let into our homes, where to stand, which way to walk
The only thing I’m scared about is the evil controlling all this bullshit

Most of those “escaping” last night will not be southerners to be fair if they are coming up to relatives in the north
Northerners or not they should not be travelling and spreading the disease to other parts of the country
That's why we're fucked because everyone thinks about themselves and bollocks to everyone else.

i've seen much shit in my considerable time on BM, this is right up in my top ten.

Reminds me of that old bloke in the pub ranting about anything and everything. The best thing you can do to get beyond the subject is to just nod your head so we can all move on.

Most of those “escaping” last night will not be southerners to be fair if they are coming up to relatives in the north

Surprised so many people were able to book extra holiday at 4 pm on a Saturday ! Or are lots of workers going to be phoning in 'sick' on Monday ?

It's a shame I am now tier 4 and the last week of work is a more relaxed few days basically just waiting to finish at midday Christmas eve. All the office staff are working from home, yet us who have very little to do for the next few days have to risk being among the public. We have had a very hard year in unsure times, would be nice if our employers could phone us from the safety of there homes and say ' due to the great effects you made in bring in over 500 tonnes of food all manhandled on and of your Van's, to our local foodbanks you can all finish now '

PS I know lots of frontline workers arent stopping for Christmas so I might be sounding abit selfish. Sorry if it sounds like that, this year has open my eyes to the amount of work so many people do for our community's.
To everyone frontline, volunteers , NHS, binmen etc thank you and stay safe and merry Christmas

Father in law has had covid for a few days and lives alone, which is tricky. He's ok, be only got about 3 days of flu like symptoms and is feeling better but tired. However his sister's in Australia are Really pressuring us to take stuff over such as medicine etc

Does vit d, vit c, quinine etc do anything at all for the recovery?!

Shouldn't mattter, you don't cross tiers unless necessary.

Were they all coming up originally? Some maybe but probably not all.

Did their repatives up north all piss off to london when it went into tier 2?

Yeah finding out you cannot see relatives at christmas is shite, but what happened last night was highly irresponsible by many people who were happy to stay south when they had lesser restrictions than up here.

It won't do any harm would be the mantra i'd go with.

Weve been chatting on zoom to make sure he's ok, and he seems in good spirits, looks a bit tired, he's got food etc. So I see the added risk (albeit miniscule) of going to his house to drop off vitamin c vitamin d and zinc to satisfy his panicked sisters as a pointless added risk. Is this callous? If they actually help, I'll do it no bother at all. I probably will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.