COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can either agree with medical professionals with nothing to gain either way but have spent their entire careers studying and preparing for this, or you can disagree because you think you know better.
That is a fair position but you need to clarify which experts you mean, as there are quite a few that meet that criteria that don’t agree with the assessment of our experts in this case.

So you mean we can agree with these experts, or other experts, or disagree with all the experts (which, you are right, would be unreasonable at best).

Depends what is on dealth certicates,say 1 million old people who often get chest infections and pneumonia and are on tablets and inhalers die at home or in a nursing home,chances are it will be put down as pneumonia or COPD,they won't have been tested or have a post mortem,i think the official figures are WAY under the true figures
surley a simple blood test on the deceased would seperate the figures and corrrect them,or is that beyond them

There is a downside to every single restriction and cancellation. That's why we're not all under curfew and locked in our houses.

You do what makes an effective reduction in risk vs the disruption, and after studying it decided that sporting events aren't a big danger.

You can either agree with medical professionals with nothing to gain either way but have spent their entire careers studying and preparing for this, or you can disagree because you think you know better.
Ha or you could stop arguing for the sake of it and looks at what other countries are doing,if there was no benefit then all those countries and sporting events being scrapped are wrong versus our guy who you think is right

That is a fair position but you need to clarify which experts you mean, as there are quite a few that meet that criteria that don’t agree with the assessment of our experts in this case.

So you mean we can agree with these experts, or other experts, or disagree with all the experts (which, you are right, would be unreasonable at best).

People keep saying this and yet no one has come up with anyone of note criticising the UK government's response.

I don’t see how stopping mass gatherings cannot help? It’s beyond me.

Take away the amount of players and staff that will get it so any competition won’t be viable anyway, but the journey of a fan/spectator leads to the precise breeding grounds I.e close contact, lack of washing facilities etc that they advise against in other areas of life

I'm sure it was said large employers will be encouraged to have staggered break times to avoid numbers congregating, mind boggling as to how this then isn't a problem for all large gatherings, which dwarf workplace breaks

Boris started by saying it's somewhere between 5 and 10,000 with it currently.
which puts the mortality rate at between 0.1 and 0.5% in the UK right now.
Unless Karen׳s right and there’s a load of people dying with pneumonia on their death certificate having not been tested.
I really don’t know, and we’ll only find out if the stats for pneumonia and COPD are much higher than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.