COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current official figure in the UK of 590 suggests that there’s 1 in 100,000 with it. That’s got to be bollocks. I keep hearing of people I vaguely know with it so I reckon there must be tens of thousands. The good news is that I suspect the death figures are probably reasonably accurate so the death rate is probably well under 1%.
The government have admitted to 5-10,000. Probably not that many more or there would be more deaths

The places in northern Italy that were locked down 2 weeks ago are not showing new cases. Further south cases are growing.

Seems to me that staying at home, whether ill or not is the answer. If you are infected hopefully after 2 weeks you recover and are not infectious, if you weren't infected at least you've not come into contact with anyone who is.
If the north of Italy has no new cases brilliant. Just as long as no one from the North of Italy goes to the south or any country with any cases, or any tourists from any country with cases goes in, they’ll be fine. Until December, when it’ll likely be back.

The less people doing it the better,there is no down side to cancelling sport

There is a downside to every single restriction and cancellation. That's why we're not all under curfew and locked in our houses.

You do what makes an effective reduction in risk vs the disruption, and after studying it decided that sporting events aren't a big danger.

You can either agree with medical professionals with nothing to gain either way but have spent their entire careers studying and preparing for this, or you can disagree because you think you know better.

But people travelling to events is a minuscule proportion of people traveling "packed together inside sealed units" and "crammed on a bus, or tram".

If that's the danger zone, we have to cancel public transport.

It is about minimising risk, and unnecessary risk at that, not eliminating risk entirely. Washing your hands more thoroughly doesn’t eliminate risk but it does reduce risk.

The current official figure in the UK of 590 suggests that there’s 1 in 100,000 with it. That’s got to be bollocks. I keep hearing of people I vaguely know with it so I reckon there must be tens of thousands. The good news is that I suspect the death figures are probably reasonably accurate so the death rate is probably well under 1%.
Depends what is on dealth certicates,say 1 million old people who often get chest infections and pneumonia and are on tablets and inhalers die at home or in a nursing home,chances are it will be put down as pneumonia or COPD,they won't have been tested or have a post mortem,i think the official figures are WAY under the true figures

That’s a huge cop-out from them though. What they have basically announced to the public is that they don’t trust us to follow instructions. They have revealed that they don’t feel they are capable of mobilising us, of inspiring us to work together, of convincing us of the need to cooperate. They are saying that they are not good enough to do that. That is not the action of a strong leadership team. How can they expect people to follow them when they say such a thing? We’ll get bored? It’s an awful thing to use as your sole reason for doing next to nothing. It’s waving a white flag. They say we’re a country that’s faced bigger challenges before and come through it, then in the same breath don’t trust us to come through it in the most optimal way.
I was in an nhs building today. Bloke comes in the bog, has a slash and walks out. Didn’t look at the sink, let alone use it. The reason they don’t trust people is because there’s a lot of dickheads out there. Not only that, we’ve all been continually told that ‘experts’ don’t know anything and should mainly be ignored.

There is a downside to every single restriction and cancellation. That's why we're not all under curfew and locked in our houses.

You do what makes an effective reduction in risk vs the disruption, and after studying it decided that sporting events aren't a big danger.

You can either agree with medical professionals with nothing to gain either way but have spent their entire careers studying and preparing for this, or you can disagree because you think you know better.
You don’t think they’re playing down the contamination angle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.