COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is as close as they have come, which caused quite a stir and generally not in the good way.

‘Let’s Not Shake Hands’: Xi Jinping Tours Beijing Amid Coronavirus Crisis
China’s leader, who rarely mingles with the public, visited several sites in the capital and spoke to medical workers in Wuhan via video conferencing.

merlin_168719676_38b60086-401e-4272-887b-2b87aef8cb2f-superJumbo.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/10/world/asia/xi-jinping-coronavirus.html
Haha via video conferencing. Whilst having their doors welded shut.

New saying the big rise now is due to better testing but 2 in the government have been sacked,seems they are trying to keep a cover up going

Disable your account, you need to think of all of us on here & not yourself ;)

I have strong anti virus protection on my PC. Do you think that would be enough?
I did email the program makers asking if there was a patch out for the COVID-19 strain yet. And for some reason they told me to fuck off and stop wasting their time...charming!

why do you presume it targets the older or infirm?
Spanish flu didn’t

Spanish flue had a higher death rate amongst the fittest of people rather than the elderly, the reason being the imune system in fit people went into overdrive (a strong over reaction) and this shut the body organs down,its common knowledge that the virus we are dealing with today is more ruthles on the middle aged and those with lung disorders such as a history of smoking or indeed a low imune system such as HIV or even being a diabetic will put you more at risk of dying

Isn’t the mortality rate probably overstated? There will probably be thousands of people who have contracted the virus but don’t have serious or any symptoms, haven’t been diagnosed and aren’t recorded in the numbers. Whereas the mortality figures will be much more accurate.

Hopefully the virus will become less virulent as it spreads.
There’ll be thousands who have had it and recovered who just thought they were ill with something bad who haven’t reported it to anybody that they’ve been ill so haven’t been counted in the figures.

This is as close as they have come, which caused quite a stir and generally not in the good way.

‘Let’s Not Shake Hands’: Xi Jinping Tours Beijing Amid Coronavirus Crisis
China’s leader, who rarely mingles with the public, visited several sites in the capital and spoke to medical workers in Wuhan via video conferencing.

merlin_168719676_38b60086-401e-4272-887b-2b87aef8cb2f-superJumbo.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/10/world/asia/xi-jinping-coronavirus.html

All people who have been shopping for bats snakes and exotic foodstuffs line up on the right, everyone else just watch and learn ;)

All people who have been shopping for bats snakes and exotic foodstuffs line up on the right, everyone else just watch and learn ;)

“There is no crisis, everything is going well. Now stand still while we spray you down and take cheek swabs so you can speak in my general direction.”

There’ll be thousands who have had it and recovered who just thought they were ill with something bad who haven’t reported it to anybody that they’ve been ill so haven’t been counted in the figures.
One of the passengers on the cruise ship was interviewed on the radio yesterday. She claimed that those that had contracted the virus were either very ill or not ill at all. If there are large numbers of people who are not ill but are spreading the virus then it’s hard to see how they can get any meaningful understanding of the numbers involved. It’s also difficult to see how they can control it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.