COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son and his family have it, I only found out today, my other son and his family are in lockdown but as yet not showing any symptoms. The family who have it, his wife and middle girl, 8, went to London last wednesday/thursday week (11th/12th) and symptons appeared last Monday (16th)...the girl seems to be the carrier, she went to visit friends on her return, the family unfortunately have it, then went to see her other grand parents, the grandfather now has pneumonia and was sent home from A&E on the 19th. Told if his condition worsens to go back. The tragedy goes on...On Sunday afternoon they all went for a meal, AND YES those who attended have also had symptoms, my ex-wife and her husband BOTH work at an hospital...but don't know how they are... a stupid trip to London, beyond me why they went...pointless me shouting off, doesn't help anyone, it's a nightmare!!!

One child has affected 10 adults, 5 children, that I know of...hearing this, doesn't make me feel positive at all.

Anyone out there not believing, thinking this isn't 'much'...it could quite easily be happening right now and you'd be unaware of anything.

The advice my son gave me is exactly what you can read below. Thanks to @chaddblue for posting this.

I'd suggest to copy and paste it onto a text file or word doc print the thing out and stick it on the fridge door, and spread it around when and where you can on your other social media channels.

All the children affected had slight temperature rises and headaches and seem to be over it according to what he says.He's 45 and wife ...gawd dunno, 35 maybe...atrocious but hey ho, my other son is 40 and his wife's 40 later this year, but as I've said not as yet showing anything. The other grandparent with the pneumonia in his late 50's.

Living 30 miles away I get over every other week, and decided a couple of weeks ago it wouldn't be great for me to go out of area and come back here unaware that I might have been carrying the thing...of course I told 'em but the lads thought I was being a bit extreme!!! I wondered why no one was answering my calls and emails, never dreamt it was this !
An important post. Brings this shit home. See here for what we can expect now-
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...e-inside-italys-hardest-hit-hospital-11960597

Govt will lock the whole country down in next 24 hrs. We can only go out for provisions, exercise

Radical idea. Evacuate the whole of Isle of Wight.

ship every over 70’s people there for a few months ?

everyone here with underlying health issues still to isolate.

It is, can’t tell you any science behind it. They obviously need anybody and everybody there working and helping.
I think you are getting confused with fit testing for masks, where they use a smell in an aerosol that you need to smell in order to be fit tested.
They then spray it at you with the mask on when you shouldn't smell it if the mask fits properly.

Of the 793 coronavirus deaths in Italy in the last 24 hours, 546 were in Lombardy.

Whilst absolutely awful - I think judging our figures to Italy might be a bit skewed as we don’t have an area so dense with the average of those in Lombardy. I think that’s why Italy figures seems to be the most shocking as they have such a large group of areas full of elder underlying health issues.

Of the 793 coronavirus deaths in Italy in the last 24 hours, 546 were in Lombardy.

Whilst absolutely awful - I think judging our figures to Italy might be a bit skewed as we don’t have an area so dense with the average of those in Lombardy. I think that’s why Italy figures seems to be the most shocking as they have such a large group of areas full of elder underlying health issues.
And more worryingly, our curve is currently steeper. So if we use your logic, and take Italy without Lombardy, then we're a lot steeper.

Lockdown must be imminent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.