COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dominic Raab contradicted this this morning on tv saying it begins on Wednesday.
Raab contradicted it on TV and as far as I am aware Andrew Bridgen contradicted some of the advice on TV this morning too? Basically, it seems even Tory MPs don't fully understand the advice. Which is interesting considering the general tone of Tory supporters on here is that the message is all very clear and that people are only expressing concern because they are either too thick to understand the terribly clear advice or because they are having a pop just for the sake of it.

Have channel 4 brought any programs out yet called "Isolation Waggers" or something similar? Programs of this nature are usually great for getting the public at each other's throats as they take the piss at the top. "Soap dodgers"? ..."Three's a Crowd"?

Absolutely nothing. I'm convinced this is some social experiment. What else could it be?? I mean, they couldn't have been any more wrong with anything.

more wrong than right, the only positives i can think of :

Economic measures
the nightingale hospital and other hospitals built
more than enough beds and ventilators
daily press briefings

Fair enough. I guess hoping it doesn't go up is certainly reasonable. You'd like to think they'd be educated leaps of faith though, which i'm sure they are.
an educated guess is still a guess.

evidence is best and even the evidence isn't fully supportive yet. The evidence from Denmark would suggest you can keep it below one. Germany are anxious that it has gone above one. This virus is absolutely confounding the scientific community at every turn. As soon as one thing is assumed it is nullified or counter evidence is shown.

My thoughts on it are as follows

Get same day test/trace/isolate procedures in place
Get antibody testing set up to determine the true (or as close as possible) number of people who've been infected
Get scientific consensus that immunity is in fact possible (there is some anecdotal evidence that people are infected multiple times)
Have clearly defined and communicated metrics for releasing/imposing measures based on critical care capacity and assumed r0

In Ireland we've bought time by having lockdowns but haven't seemed to achieve any of the above. Our testing is still laggy, some people are still waiting a week for results. Which is absolutely ridiculous. If all of the above were in place or known then you could, with some degree of confidence, get to a South Korea level of life, where most things are open, albeit with strict guidelines in place for social behavior.

I think the issue is more him doing yesterdays statement before presenting the full detail to the house of commons. It should be the other way round so that the detail of the message already exists and has passed scrutiny before the summary is then shared.

I do know that there were still discussions going on on Saturday about schooling (and so I'd imagine a few of the other things too) so this was all very last minute. Even more reason to take it to the house of commons first tbh.

Only if you've never heard of a thing called a trend ;-)
A three week old trend. ;-)
Government will be looking at the numbers entering hospital with Covid-19, those going into ICU and those onto ventilators. The last total is half of those dying in 3 weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.