COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wasn't doing my usual social distancing, I'd have chinned someone today, such is my utter disgust for this witch hunt on teachers.

As for that splash in today's Daily Mail, they should be fucking ashamed, but they are too busy self-congratulating themselves on a daily basis for getting PPE donations.

My wife has been going in and teaching every week to at-risk kids, special needs and those of key workers.

For anyone to suggest it is time for teachers to start pulling their weight, I've never been so fucking angry.

My wife has put herself at risk, knowing full well what risks that might also have on our own family.

She has struggled to cope with less than 15 pupils this week and teachers absolutely must be backed in their stance of wider risks for a greater populous back in schools.

She has performed amazingly, as have our own kids teachers, sending work every day on line, setting up class room chats, checking on mental well-being.

My kids are working as hard as ever and that is down to their teachers.

I back our teachers to the hilt - fuck those who dress it up as an economy saver getting them and kids back.

This is emotional blackmail.

Thankfully, parents will be on the same page as the teachers and the government will be in for a nasty shock soon.

My kids won't be going anywhere until September at the earliest.
Being sensible and not reading the DM (or any paper TBH) I had to go back a few pages to work out what this was about. Now I remember why I don't read them, down to their usual level isn't it. Awesome.

I’m in Shaw and it’s not hit us that hard yet here. Care homes obviously have been, but the community has behaved pretty well and there haven’t been many deaths. (My wife is a vicar and so we get an idea of what’s happening. She’s doing an average of between 2-3 funerals a week. All have been elderly people.)
Let's hope it's kept to a minimum ;-)

If I wasn't doing my usual social distancing, I'd have chinned someone today, such is my utter disgust for this witch hunt on teachers.

As for that splash in today's Daily Mail, they should be fucking ashamed, but they are too busy self-congratulating themselves on a daily basis for getting PPE donations.

My wife has been going in and teaching every week to at-risk kids, special needs and those of key workers.

For anyone to suggest it is time for teachers to start pulling their weight, I've never been so fucking angry.

My wife has put herself at risk, knowing full well what risks that might also have on our own family.

She has struggled to cope with less than 15 pupils this week and teachers absolutely must be backed in their stance of wider risks for a greater populous back in schools.

She has performed amazingly, as have our own kids teachers, sending work every day on line, setting up class room chats, checking on mental well-being.

My kids are working as hard as ever and that is down to their teachers.

I back our teachers to the hilt - fuck those who dress it up as an economy saver getting them and kids back.

This is emotional blackmail.

Thankfully, parents will be on the same page as the teachers and the government will be in for a nasty shock soon.

My kids won't be going anywhere until September at the earliest.

I like you couldn’t believe the front of that rag this morning! The mrs and I are both secondary teachers and go in to teach key worker children on a rota. We have roughly nine in a class and they are all socially distanced, as soon as it’s ‘their’ time it’s nigh on impossible. All this talk of kids not getting it badly is fine until they pass it on to the staff who would be more affected.
I’ll go back when I see parliament back to normal And crammed in like sardines.

I like you couldn’t believe the front of that rag this morning! The mrs and I are both secondary teachers and go in to teach key worker children on a rota. We have roughly nine in a class and they are all socially distanced, as soon as it’s ‘their’ time it’s nigh on impossible. All this talk of kids not getting it badly is fine until they pass it on to the staff who would be more affected.
I’ll go back when I see parliament back to normal And crammed in like sardines.

We could be waiting a while then mate, eh!

What are your thoughts on holding the intake back a year, it seems obvious to me but my missus says it will just impact right down the ladder?

Perhaps this dozy fucking government can think outside the box a little, maybe even make kids wait until 19 for university, just until we get some clear breathing space, pardon the pun!!

I think track and trace is the key measure. When we are doing this properly (as they are in many countries) it means we should be able to snuff out any local outbreak (perhaps in a school) very quickly. We are just not on top of this yet. Hopefully we'll get some news on timescales for this next week. It may well be that the June target for gradually building up the return to schools is not a million miles away.
I think parents will need as much re-assurance as teachers. I have two young relatives who have been teaching in inner-city primary schools throughout the crisis. Most teachers have been doing a magnificent job.
Agree lock stock and two smoking barrels.
Test and trace is key.
Almost as important for me is managing the melee at the school gate. That is where most disease transmission will take place.
We can actually watch Denmark and Switzerland to see how well they're doing with schools at the moment and implement what works here. This will actually prove whether kids are or are not super spreaders (unusual for virus transmission, but the evidence is fairly strong that although kids catch it, they dont pass it on much to adults).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.