COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the website now says they will add a 60 days death total to the 28 day one in due course - presumably replacing the current non date confined larger total.
Some people are on ventilators longer than sixty days,putting a number of days on it is a nonsense to control numbers,drs can tell them who dies as a result of covid whatever the time frame

So many things were wrong from the off.
Crap pandemic plan, arrogance as to far eastern measures (especially face masks), a deporable response from PHE - especially on testing and a reluctance of the government to change the process or go against advice from SAGE (aka the comedy club).
Absolutely they were, and they still are, but that's not just government it's the civil service, individuals who no doubt have wildly differing opinions.

I bent the rules last week in GM, by meeting up with my son and his girlfriend who we hadn't seen since March, we'd already arranged a trip to see them before the new GM regulations were brought in. We'd booked a table in a restaurant, so cancelled it, but we decided to still meet them, and ate outside on separate tables where we could speak, but were distancing sensibly. I wasn't staying in GM by about 3 miles, but caught the train in and met them in the city centre, I'm glad we did it was nice to see them after so long, but strictly speaking we broke the rules.

If anyone can translate Geek into English have a go at fathoming this explanation about the testing publiushed today.

I dont have the foggierst what it means.

The total number of tests processed has been revised since yesterday’s total after the following changes to the historical data:

• 129 tests added to the pillar 1 cumulative total
  • 67 tests added to the pillar 3 cumulative total
  • 320 tests added to the pillar 4 cumulative total
The daily tests made available reported today have been added to this revised total rather than the total reported yesterday, so the cumulative total today is 516 higher than if you added the daily tests to yesterday’s total.

An adjustment of -1,308,071 has been made to the historic data for the ‘tests made available’ metric. The adjustments have been made as a result of more accurate data collection and reporting processes recently being adopted within pillar 2 and a subsequent adjustment of the data we reported between 29 March 2020 and 12 August 2020.

Boris has been useless but SAGE advised COBRA that there was very little additional risk to people catching the virus from attending major sporting events. Some of the scientists haven’t distinguished themselves either.
I don't think anyone has to be fair, much of what has happened has been reactive rather then proactive, and it still is, but I don't think many countries come out of it well, and nor in fact does the WHO either, who have been just as useless, and reactive.

If anyone can translate Geek into English have a go at fathoming this explanation about the testing publiushed today.

I dont have the foggierst what it means.

The total number of tests processed has been revised since yesterday’s total after the following changes to the historical data:

• 129 tests added to the pillar 1 cumulative total
  • 67 tests added to the pillar 3 cumulative total
  • 320 tests added to the pillar 4 cumulative total
The daily tests made available reported today have been added to this revised total rather than the total reported yesterday, so the cumulative total today is 516 higher than if you added the daily tests to yesterday’s total.

An adjustment of -1,308,071 has been made to the historic data for the ‘tests made available’ metric. The adjustments have been made as a result of more accurate data collection and reporting processes recently being adopted within pillar 2 and a subsequent adjustment of the data we reported between 29 March 2020 and 12 August 2020.

that they are making a balls up of it ?

Yes, but my very point is that 1st March was already too late, but we didn't know it.

Half term was the previous week (or 2 as there is a bit of spread of weeks), where people had gone into very infected regions without knowing that they were, and they brought it back here, where it spread in the community as it had done there, without their knowledge 2 or 3 weeks earlier.

Oh and 80000 went to the rugby so why single boris out ? He didn't know, just like the other 79,999 people, that lots were already infected, and were infecting others, particularly in the southeast, where people share a transport system for work, where you can pretty much breathe straight up someone elses nose.

Were mistakes made ? Yes, and they still are being, but this is worldwide, and as you keep saying, this is a new virus, so we still know relatively little about it, but it's a whole lot more than the nothing we knew about it in early March.
Because he was told by the scientists to not shake hands etc, he sat on tel!y and told us we will just let it run over us ,take it on the chin and essentially herd immunity ,he was given facts we didnt have,he was the leader pretending there was nothing gto worry about,he went to a big public event to reinforce that to us

that’s awful. But hey lets do an experiment

of that 300 who have got it wouldn’t it be good to get some data , how many

had no symptoms

had a cold flu like symptoms and a week off work

were so ill they had to go to hospital for treatment

intensive care

death

Be good to know
How many of them passed it to family who then passed it onto others,it is not about the person who gets in and how I'll they are,fuck we are only ten months into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.