COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was the case, why is it increasing pretty much day on day ? If it was all "old covid cells", how could it be increasing daily ? Also it suggests many more must have had it (and presumably fairly recently ? how long can you find "old covid cells" for), yet we know from the ONS stats on antibodies that only 8% of those tested that way have them (17% in London apparently).
There's a number of reasons people are sceptical about the numbers being released, it's not just because of old covid cells. And for the record, I'm not talking about antibodies being picked up, but old dead cells, which apparently is a thing (this is now outside of my area of research and i'm just quoting what I've been told).

EDIT: just to add, I'm not denying numbers are going up, what i'm saying is right now i do not believe they are the start of the catastrophic second wave that many seem to be convinced we are now in. I am however saying the numbers are far from exact.

If that was the case, why is it increasing pretty much day on day ? If it was all "old covid cells", how could it be increasing daily ? Also it suggests many more must have had it (and presumably fairly recently ? how long can you find "old covid cells" for), yet we know from the ONS stats on antibodies that only 8% of those tested that way have them (17% in London apparently).
Actually there is no such thing as old covid cells. It is a virus not a cell. The test detects viralrna and the rna can come from inactive virus . It is highly unlikely that you will get a rising incidence from historical covid as shedding decreases with time and it appears uncommon that it persists .

N

Not a thing as in you got in trouble taking kids out of school or keeping them away ,tbf i didnt expect people to take it literally
I’m not sure what the first part of your response is in reference to but home schooling was the original schooling and has been practised since before formal schooling as we know it began. The choice of words you chose was always going to antagonise those parents amongst us who would love nothing better then the option to home school but are restricted by that pesky thing called a salary.

There's a number of reasons people are sceptical about the numbers being released, it's not just because of old covid cells. And for the record, I'm not talking about antibodies being picked up, but old dead cells, which apparently is a thing (this is now outside of my area of research and i'm just quoting what I've been told).

EDIT: just to add, I'm not denying numbers are going up, what i'm saying is right now i do not believe they are the start of the catastrophic second wave that many seem to be convinced we are now in. I am however saying the numbers are far from exact.
No disrespect, but you say you and your fellow (scientist) workmates are not worried about the data, so where are you publishing these findings and to whom. Also, why are the more virus qualified scientists (who do make their findings known) so wrong?

No disrespect, but you say you and your fellow (scientist) workmates are not worried about the data, so where are you publishing these findings and to whom. Also, why are the more virus qualified scientists (who do make their findings known) so wrong?
If you keep an eye on the news you'll see a lot of also very qualified scientists (much more than me) who are also questioning the hell out of the current analysis of the figures, including two scientists from oxford who were present in the meeting at number 10 who apparently went apeshit about whitty's figures. As for publishing these figures, there are people publishing them. After a discussion this afternoon my boss sent me this paper. I've not read through it myself yet, but he sent it over as evidence as to what we have been discussing:
https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.