COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keir Starmer just said cases are rising in Manchester too on Granada Reports just now.

Why can nobody look at the actual numbers or do politicians live in upside downy world?

Cases WERE going up 2 weeks ago. And part of that was thanks to them losing many days worth of data and dumping it in one go.

But since the student numbers have fallen (driving things in GM) this just is not true And its not hard to look and see that - or should not be when you are a politician dealing with a major pandemic.

Of course, hospital data is a concerm but case numbers are the thing you have to change first as you only control admissions, ICU cases and deaths weeks AFTER getting the cases stable and then down.

So its the number that matters most right now

You need to get a question on the next PM conference tie them in knots with your knowledge!

The ZOE study is very accurate at predicting near future infection rates. In fact, Tim Spector was crowing about it this morning in his weekly message to the ZOE nation.
(Prediction: 26k new cases per day at the moment)
Fair enough BlueAnorak but I see it more along the lines of Whitty. I think the ZOE nation survey is more likely to be populated by people who are well informed and conscious about not catching the virus.

Far from scientific but today my volunteer gardening group was cancelled because one member has Covid. I mentioned earlier that my cousin’s daughter has the virus. Several posters have said family members have it too.

My niece runs an NHS Trust in Manchester. I've just spoken to her and she's furious with Burnham. Said most NW hosptals are at near capacity due to Covid patients taking up the beds. She said if your mum were to have a heart attack or stroke tonight, she would die while they tried to find a bed for her.

These stats are just getting silly when you have 2 studies and one says 26k a day and the other 76k then the only conclusion is the studies are shit and they don’t know.

It’s not like they are ballpark figures 50k is a pretty big disagreement.

no idea on the Zoe one but from what i've seen its based on symtpoms so isn't taking asymptomatic into consideraion.

these were what were presented today.

Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 18.51.03.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.