COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
1657, 3019, 1888, 1542, 1845, 941, 1455, 1533, 1445, 1521, 1515, 1619 are the last 12 days GM totals which are apparently doubling Boris has just claimed.

I must not be very good at maths as that does not look anything like what I call doubling. (The 3000 was the day they added all the cases they lost btw).

It is not falling but it is pretty obviously not escalating

Without measures being adhered to , you always leave that bit off !
Did he say that? I missed it.
He still needs to talk about realities rather than than imaginings.

Boris cited Cornwall as being why he would not lock down the country as its unfair to do that to somewhere with low case numbers.

Of course there are going to be more cases in Manchester than in Cornwall but....

In the past week the South West has seen ventilators shoot up from 4 to 17 - quadrupled (in that same week the North West only went up 20% not 400%) and patients 77 to 151 (all but a 100% rise) whereas the North West rose by about 50%.

So which area is worse?

You can make numbers say what you want and that is very helpful to politicians.

Last edited:
Keir Starmer just said cases are rising in Manchester too on Granada Reports just now.

Why can nobody look at the actual numbers or do politicians live in upside downy world?

Cases WERE going up 2 weeks ago. And part of that was thanks to them losing many days worth of data and dumping it in one go.

But since the student numbers have fallen (driving things in GM) this just is not true And its not hard to look and see that - or should not be when you are a politician dealing with a major pandemic.

Of course, hospital data is a concerm but case numbers are the thing you have to change first as you only control admissions, ICU cases and deaths weeks AFTER getting the cases stable and then down.

So its the number that matters most right now

Keir Starmer just said cases are rising in Manchester too on Granada Repirts just now.

Why can nobody look at the actual numbers or do politicians live in upside downy world?

Cases WERE going up 2 weeks ago. And part of that was thank to them losi9ng many days worth of data and dumping it in one go.

But since the student numbers have fallen this just is not true And its nit hard to look and see that when you are a politician dealing with a major pandemic.

So why claim only 26k per day are catching it now? I hope that’s the case but Whitty said daily infections were likely to be at the higher end of the main survey ranges because there was a time lag with their findings. I took that to mean that he thought current infections were in the 40 odd thousand region that doesn’t seem totally unreasonable to me.
The ZOE study is very accurate at predicting near future infection rates. In fact, Tim Spector was crowing about it this morning in his weekly message to the ZOE nation.
(Prediction: 26k new cases per day at the moment)

Last edited:
Boris cited Cornwall as being why he would not lock down the country as its unfair to do that to somewhere with low case numbers.

Of course there are going to be more cases in Manchester than in Cornwall but....

In the past week the South West has seen ventilators shoot up from 4 to 17 - quadrupled (in that same week the North West only went up 20% not 400%) and patients 77 to 151 (all but a 100% rise) whereas the North West rose by about 50%.

So which area is worse?

You can make numbers say what you want and that is very helpful to politicians.
I agree, and without looking at the nembers in detail 1 > 4 is a 400% increase, but its not as serious as 100 >200 a 100% increase, especially if we are talking 1/100000 to 4 /100000, or 100/100000 to 200/100000.

Are we going to see some kind of enforcement of these vaccines?

Trying to not let the anti vaxxers (and yet some are just very suspicious rather than ‘anti vaxx) wind me up but I know lots that won’t take it for reasons beginning with ‘unproven’ to them putting ‘things’ into the global population.
Fine if they dont want the vaccine. just make sure we take their details so they pay for their own treatment if they catch Covid and get ill.

He gave 3 different studies with a range in all. Media have picked up on the highest of them all.

These stats are just getting silly when you have 2 studies and one says 26k a day and the other 76k then the only conclusion is the studies are shit and they don’t know.

It’s not like they are ballpark figures 50k is a pretty big disagreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.