Covid and travel discussion

Both double vaccinated and due out to mainland Spain this weekend. Booked flights and Airbnb, it's the risk we've taken, but can't see that going ahead as planned. Anyone know chances of getting any money back if this goes to amber plus?

Both double vaccinated and due out to mainland Spain this weekend. Booked flights and Airbnb, it's the risk we've taken, but can't see that going ahead as planned. Anyone know chances of getting any money back if this goes to amber plus?

You have no financial protection with it not being booked as a package.

It's going to depend on the cancellation terms of your airbnb reservation, though I would guess at this late stage you might not be able to get much, if anything, back.

Also depends on the airline, however if the flights depart which they 99% likely will then you won't be able to get anything back from them.
If they are Easyjet flights then you'll be able to change them without penalty.
If they are BA then they will let you take a credit for the value.
If they are Jet2/Ryanair/Wizz then you might be able to change them but likely will have to pay an admin fee with it so close to departure.

Unfortunately I don't think any insurance you may have will be of any use in this instance.

You have no financial protection with it not being booked as a package.

It's going to depend on the cancellation terms of your airbnb reservation, though I would guess at this late stage you might not be able to get much, if anything, back.

Also depends on the airline, however if the flights depart which they 99% likely will then you won't be able to get anything back from them.
If they are Easyjet flights then you'll be able to change them without penalty.
If they are BA then they will let you take a credit for the value.
If they are Jet2/Ryanair/Wizz then you might be able to change them but likely will have to pay an admin fee with it so close to departure.

Unfortunately I don't think any insurance you may have will be of any use in this instance.

Thanks for your help mate, pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. I am insured but don't think amber plus would be covered.

A positive Covid test between now and the weekend, or just sucking it up and accepting a 10 day quarantine on return would be the better options. When France was added to the list, was it done with immediate effect? Been a bit silly really, should've just booked somewhere obscure on the green list.

Thanks for your help mate, pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. I am insured but don't think amber plus would be covered.

A positive Covid test between now and the weekend, or just sucking it up and accepting a 10 day quarantine on return would be the better options. When France was added to the list, was it done with immediate effect? Been a bit silly really, should've just booked somewhere obscure on the green list.

How long are you going for? I think you'll probably be ok assuming you're not there for a fortnight or so.

The rumours about Spain going on Amber+ are just rumours for now, though their test positivity rating is very high at present which will likely put them at some risk next month.

There was a 3 or 4 day period between the announcement for France and the new regulations kicking in, as is often the case and would expect the same grace period for any other countries lumped into Amber+.

How long are you going for? I think you'll probably be ok assuming you're not there for a fortnight or so.

The rumours about Spain going on Amber+ are just rumours for now, though their test positivity rating is very high at present which will likely put them at some risk next month.

There was a 3 or 4 day period between the announcement for France and the new regulations kicking in, as is often the case and would expect the same grace period for any other countries lumped into Amber+.

Thank you, we are due to go for a week. If they have to make these decisions then fair enough, just wish they'd do it at a few weeks notice to give both holidaymakers and companies more flexibility on refunds and deferrals. We know the risks when we book, but trips away are important to a lot of us to de-stress from work. I fear for the industry and normal families, holidays are fastly becoming a rich man's game only.

Wouldn’t worry about if folks.
Border Force not checking any green or amber covid status paperwork.

It's not quite as crazy as it initially sounds, as in theory the airline should deny boarding to anyone unable to present the negative test required to fly into the UK.

Some people may slip through the cracks, but if the airlines are doing their jobs properly then it's still a robust enough procedure in place.

Thank you, we are due to go for a week. If they have to make these decisions then fair enough, just wish they'd do it at a few weeks notice to give both holidaymakers and companies more flexibility on refunds and deferrals. We know the risks when we book, but trips away are important to a lot of us to de-stress from work. I fear for the industry and normal families, holidays are fastly becoming a rich man's game only.

If you're only going for a week, and leaving as soon as this weekend, then I wouldn't worry about it all too much.
Not sure where you're going in Spain but if you really are a bit unsure and there is a cheap flight back to the UK on the Sunday then it might be wise to snap that up as a back up plan.

If you were departing in a couple of weeks time, or going for a fortnight, then it could be a different scenario.

Sadly as we all know, anything can happen, but the France announcement was a bit out of leftfield and I'd be surprised to see them lump Spain into the amber+ mix so soon.

Don't quote me on any of that ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.