Covid and travel discussion

It's not quite as crazy as it initially sounds, as in theory the airline should deny boarding to anyone unable to present the negative test required to fly into the UK.

Some people may slip through the cracks, but if the airlines are doing their jobs properly then it's still a robust enough procedure in place.

Testing yes but it says they’re not checking passenger location forms. If that’s the case how do they potentially check that people are self-isolating?

Testing yes but it says they’re not checking passenger location forms. If that’s the case how do they potentially check that people are self-isolating?

Again, the airlines should be ensuring that a completed PLF is shown before allowing boarding.
When I flew back from Porto, all the check in staff were interested in was seeing my PLF and my negative test, and they were quite thorough to check it all (rather than a quick glance).

It definitely does seem like the border force might be absolving some of their responsibilities but the whole process remains relatively robust assuming all parties do their bit (passengers, airlines, border force, test and trace)

Admittedly though with less eyes potentially watching it perhaps does make things a little easier for anyone hoping to dodge the system.

Again, the airlines should be ensuring that a completed PLF is shown before allowing boarding.
When I flew back from Porto, all the check in staff were interested in was seeing my PLF and my negative test, and they were quite thorough to check it all (rather than a quick glance).

It definitely does seem like the border force might be absolving some of their responsibilities but the whole process remains relatively robust assuming all parties do their bit (passengers, airlines, border force, test and trace)

Admittedly though with less eyes potentially watching it perhaps does make things a little easier for anyone hoping to dodge the system.

Again I get the testing bit. I’m just unsure how they police the self isolation bit.

Again I get the testing bit. I’m just unsure how they police the self isolation bit.

That's always been down to test and trace.

There's nothing stopping someone coming back from France and carrying on with life as normal, and there's also nothing stopping said person getting spot checked by a knock on the door and huge fine if found out that they are not following the isolation rules.

Checks to make sure you’re following quarantine rules after international travel - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

We said exactly the same mate, all organised & called onto plane in seat numbers so no mad stampede it was so much easier than normally is
Exactly mate. Getting off the plane a row at a time everyone else to remain seated. As you said no mad scramble. I hope the airlines learn from this and keep this up.

Wouldn’t worry about if folks.
Border Force not checking any green or amber covid status paperwork.

You have to show your negative test at check in before your return flight also your locator form which has the details of your day 2 test.
You will not get on the plane back to the Uk without showing your negative test.
When you get back to passport control in the Uk when they scan your passport all the checks that were done at the airport you departed from show up. Thus no need to check again.
I said to the border control fella thats brilliant this is easier than pre covid.
He replied when it works it works well its down to your airline when they process you through your departing airport to send all the info to us.

you now don’t need a pre departure test to get in France if double jabbed and day 2 and day 8 tests are about 60 quid each so although a mither not the £500 you are being quoted

Not sure about that. Yes, France made it easier last weekend but I estimate the tests costs to be close to what I said. 80 Euros whilst there, the 72 hour return test. About 200 for the 2-8 day test for two. Then the test to release. It's what it is. We'll do it because we want to go to France.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.