Covid and travel discussion

If you have to take antigen Covid test 3 days before your travel back to the U.K. does anyone know what happens if it comes back positive?

If you have to take antigen Covid test 3 days before your travel back to the U.K. does anyone know what happens if it comes back positive?

If you test positive for COVID-19 abroad, you must follow local public health advice regarding self-isolation. You should self-isolate in the country you are in, so you will need to stay longer than planned. Plan ahead for any possible delays to your return home and the entry requirements at your next destination.

Once you have fully recovered, check with your health provider if you are fit to travel, before onward travel.

Briefing to newspapers tonight is that double jabbed will no longer need to take tests to return to uk next month.
About time.
Never made sense you could leave with a vaccine but not return.
No date set but you would assume coincide with 16th august change to relaxation on self isolation rules.
Lockdown fetishists must be having a torrid time right now

Briefing to newspapers tonight is that double jabbed will no longer need to take tests to return to uk next month.
About time. Never made sense you could leave with a vaccine but not return.
No date set but you would assume coincide with 16th august change to relaxation on self isolation rules.
If this is correct then it's beyond excellent news not only for us, but the travel industry as a whole. Fingers crossed because this was our Achilles Heel.

If this is correct then it's beyond excellent news not only for us, but the travel industry as a whole. Fingers crossed because this was our Achilles Heel.
Reading another source now that suggests it’s not clear cut that in addition to exempting double jabbed eu and us citizens from testing requirements, that uk citizens don’t need to test prior to and upon return.

it would make no sense to still require uk citizens to test prior to and upon return if eu citizens from those countries don’t have to.

My wife was reading through TUI site. Lead passenger will be tested for COVID now..

*checks notes*

That's me. No pressure!

About time.
Never made sense you could leave with a vaccine but not return.
This doesn't appear to apply for holiday makers though, just EU citizens or ex pats. So if your going for a holiday irrespective of vaccination status you will need to test still is how I understand it.

This doesn't appear to apply for holiday makers though, just EU citizens or ex pats. So if your going for a holiday irrespective of vaccination status you will need to test still is how I understand it.
Which is nonsensical and ridiculous.

Yep that’s how I understand it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.