Covid and travel discussion

nice, what have you got sorted for the pre-arrival test out there? and for day 2 here?

I haven't booked on those flights haha just saw how ridiculously cheap they were and would be fun to post how you can get to the Canary Islands and back for the price of a high street coffee.

I am, all being well, going to Fuerteventura again this Saturday. The plan was to be out there for Christmas but with everything going on I've decided just to do a few days pre-Christmas and keep costs/expenses down too.

For the testing out there, I'm just gonna go to a local clinic in the couple of days before I fly back. It's quite easy to source a test locally in all the main resorts, worst case scenario is I'd get one at the airport before my flight home.

Flying back to Birmingham so they do the day 2 testing on arrival.

This was the scene in Corralejo at the end of November....

1639663915103.png

Followed by this the day after I got home....

1639663991082.png

I haven't booked on those flights haha just saw how ridiculously cheap they were and would be fun to post how you can get to the Canary Islands and back for the price of a high street coffee.

I am, all being well, going to Fuerteventura again this Saturday. The plan was to be out there for Christmas but with everything going on I've decided just to do a few days pre-Christmas and keep costs/expenses down too.

For the testing out there, I'm just gonna go to a local clinic in the couple of days before I fly back. It's quite easy to source a test locally in all the main resorts, worst case scenario is I'd get one at the airport before my flight home.

Flying back to Birmingham so they do the day 2 testing on arrival.

This was the scene in Corralejo at the end of November....

View attachment 31921

Followed by this the day after I got home....

View attachment 31922
ha, nice pictures,
sorry to ask qu's, with the test out there how do you prove the result for UK Gov requirements? a picture or pdf or something?

ha, nice pictures,
sorry to ask qu's, with the test out there how do you prove the result for UK Gov requirements? a picture or pdf or something?

Feel free to fire any questions my way, no worries at all.

I've been tested in resort in both Porto and Zante this year, both just in a local medical centre (Zante) and a pharmacy (Porto).
Each time they just issued a certificate stating negative, with a few details on there in regards to the time of the test, the lab concerned (they stamp it), your passport details.
I assume it will be the same or very similar in Fuerteventura.

For people taking a test out with them, I'm actually not sure how it's all verified.
I think some are done by video link, would imagine a fit to fly certificate then gets emailed but I've never done one so I'm not sure on the detail.
They also tend to cost more (think about £30 vs 15 EUR in Porto/25 EUR in Zante) so I'm more inclined to get it done by a local lab and let them sort it, seems the hassle free way.

(If I was going off grid or somewhere remote then I would obviously take a test with me!)

We were in Fuerteventura last week and a antigen test to return home was 40 euros

Which resort was that in mate?

Wouldn't be surprised if they are taking advantage of the situation and sticking a few Euros on the general costs.
Did you have to pre-book a time slot or anything or just rock up with your passport and 40 sheets?

Hopefully flying out to lapland on christmas eve for 3 nights.
Finland have now changed from ‘must be jabbed’ to ‘must be jabbed and provide a negative test’.
This was cancelled from last year so hoping nothing changes again.

supposed to be out saturday night for a few , then pub to watch city sunday and a family curry sunday night but the sensible thing to do would be to bin it all off to reduce risk of catching the rona from now til i go

Hopefully flying out to lapland on christmas eve for 3 nights.
Finland have now changed from ‘must be jabbed’ to ‘must be jabbed and provide a negative test’.
This was cancelled from last year so hoping nothing changes again.

supposed to be out saturday night for a few , then pub to watch city sunday and a family curry sunday night but the sensible thing to do would be to bin it all off to reduce risk of catching the rona from now til i go

Bit of a bugger this change.
Will be so many families heading out to Lapland over the next few days.

We've got clients going the 23rd for 4 nights; had gone through everything with them in detail in regards to testing when out there, testing when coming home, the UK form and all that shite.....now gotta contact them tomorrow to tell them about this as well.

The joys of working in travel during a pandemic!

Whatever you decide to do, hope you get there and back safely and as stress/virus free as possible.

We've got clients going the 23rd for 4 nights; had gone through everything with them in detail in regards to testing when out there, testing when coming home, the UK form and all that shite.....now gotta contact them tomorrow to tell them about this as well.

Whatever you decide to do, hope you get there and back safely and as stress/virus free as possible.
The mrs is literally sorting everything and is on line constantly checking and double checking to ensure shes got it right. Wouldnt happen if it was down to me :)

my daughter is 9 and the worry is that if its put off to next year .. will she ‘believe’ still.

If we are going for 3 nights do we have to test out there before returning as well as in blighty when we return ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.