COVID Data Thread

ZOE APP NORTH WEST & GM NUMBERS

TODAY

Wirral is falling fast happily - down another 2000 to 11K. Was 30 K ten days ago.

Wyre falls again also 2K into the 7Ks now.

St Helens which has been in trouble for weeks has been dropping fast and is up slightly but hovering around 8K - a third of where it was.

In Cheshire

Cheshire West is up again out of the lower watch zone on 11,676.

Cheshire East has risen too by another 1000 UP to 15,925

But the best numbers in the NW border Greater Manchester

High Peak is on just 3680 - one of the lowest in the north

Here is the Greater Manchester 'Zoe league table':

Note still one borough miles ahead. Despite it's weekly Pop Score having risen in the real numbers for 5 days now, A bit puzzling what Zoe is seeing in Stockport.

TOP TO BOTTOM

1: STOCKPORT 5577 - down 280 today and flattened off but still falling and the lowest here in a very long time after falling for over four straight weeks now from 28K.

NOW THE ONLY ONE IN THE LOWER WATCH ZONE BY QUITE SOME MARGIN - BIT ODD

2: TAMESIDE 10,032 - DOWN 1000 again may yet go into the lower watch zone tomorrow - Tameside and Stockport BOTH border High Peak by the way - the lowest northern borough.

3: WIGAN 12,952 - DOWN 800 here and IS doing the same in the real numbers after being very high.

4: BURY 14,229- DOWN 1600 like its neighbour above going the right way now AND in the real data too.

5: OLDHAM 15,567 - DOWN by 2400 today - falls increasing and looking hopeful here.

6: TRAFFORD 22,839 - UP 1000 but been flattish around here for a couple of weeks

7: BOLTON 23,804 UP 104 after high numbers eased down and is down a little in real data too

8: ROCHDALE 24,091 - DOWN 160 - becoming flat after big rises too

9: MANCHESTER 25,333 - DOWN 2000 so good signs of falling here too - but then are on Zoe in Stockport and have been for ages!

10 : SALFORD 29,891- UP 5000 again and been climbing by over 4000 a day for a few days worryingly fast. Risen from near the lowest score to now the most in GM in just 10 days. And is rising on the real data in the same way too.

SEVEN OF THE TEN BOROUGHS FALLING IS GOOD NEWS - INDEED ONLY SALFORD IS REALLY SHOOT(ING UP A LOT

160 all settings deaths - was 157 last week

England only 125 - was 123 last week

50,091 cases - UP 2851 on yeserday AND UP 5849 on last Friday

Only 21 October has been higher case number since July.

England only 42,272

That is UP 1890 on yesterday AND up 5266 on last Friday

Again only 21 October has been higher (44K) since July.

160 all settings deaths - was 157 last week

England only 125 - was 123 last week

50,091 cases - UP 2851 on yeserday AND UP 5849 on last Friday

Only 21 October has been higher case number since July.

England only 42,272

That is UP 1890 on yesterday AND up 5266 on last Friday

Again only 21 October has been higher (44K) since July.
If the trends are continuing its all kids, youths and under-40s going up. With 50 and over cases coming down.

And numbers in hospital decreasing too.
It is slowing though this week as cases rise.

England fell a little today and went below 6000 on 5992 for the first time in about 6 weeks

North West has been falling all week. On 852 tonight but only down 1 today v 909 last Friday.

However, ventilated patients are riisng and North West is the main reason. Up from 93 to 109 over past 3 days.

Not sure I will bother posting more on the thread tonight. Might try to find some meaning in my life instead as suggested.

Last edited:
It looks like @Healdplace has been driven off by a few totally uncalled for comments, which is a real pity.
She's already been sidelined into this thread as the numpties can't work out how to scroll past things they don't want to read....my ignore list has never been as big.

Thank you for the kind words. I have not been driven off as such. I posted the daily cases and deaths on the other thread last two day. But I had things going on that meant I would have been posting in the late hours anyway yesterday so it was appropriate to take the day off as it gave me time to consider what best to do from here.

I was not mad at anyone arguing that I was posting too much data. That is a reasonable observation however it was intended. And I have no problem with others thinking as they choose. Though I was a bit peeved by the assumption I was going after attention for the reasons suggested when that is the last thing I actualy want. Indeed being on here posting anonymously was deliberate to avoid that. Though not why I started doing it. That was simply to continue what Gelson's Dad started doing last year before he was driven off covid thread mark 1 when the pandemic was only a few months old. I came here to read his data, missed it and just carried on postng it in his absence.

I know how the media works as I have been employed freelance writing for them and also being written about by tabloids in ways that impacted my family as half the stuff was just made up.
This was a long time ago but media is permanent these days on line not next days fish and chip paper as it was then so I keep away from anything like that now. There are also personal reasons why I have a direct interest in this virus.

So having the time I was always going to look at the data directly and educate myself not rely upon the media to filter through what they chose to tell us. Posting it here is just an extension. But I tend to agree who cares about how many cases Stockport gets as I think was the exampe used the other night

I just need to find the right balance of what to post and not post in here. It actually is not as time consuming as most people imagine as I use templates and just put in changing numbers daily and am used to writing speedily as I have usually been on a deadline in my work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.