Covid Spot Checks At Etihad

Finally this is being brought in. Hopefully if you haven't had the jab you ain't coming in and before anyone starts moaning, I work in a major Hospital and I'm seeing the consequences of people who haven't.

Sniffer dog got a bit close though
You should not be barred to enter the stadium if you have not had your two vaccination. It is up to the individual. Doctors can not reveal any medical information so why do clubs expect too. This is an individual choice. Human rights. You dont have to reveal your medical information to anyone.

Not so sure that is a good idea.

Not in any way opposed to the vaccine personally, but my medical records are not, and were not, a condition of my season ticket renewal. Nor should they ever be.

The Government decided against imposing a vaccine passport. Why are the Premiership taking it upon themselves to start requesting and possibly eventually requiring disclosure of personal medical information?

A move towards refusal of entry based on forced disclosure of personal medical information, including exemptions, is a slippery slope. Not one I believe the Premiership should be attempting to impose via clubs in the league.

86% of the population over 12 years old is vaccinated and that number is increasing daily. Over 90% of over 18s are vaccinated. What do they intend to achieve by this invasion of personal privacy?

The Government decided against imposing a vaccine passport. Why are the Premiership taking it upon themselves to start requesting and possibly eventually requiring disclosure of personal medical information?

Each to their own I guess. I prefer not to disclose my private medical record to an unknown system or individuals without very good reason, and I certainly don’t support this move towards vaccine apartheid.

They checked everyone’s passes at Chelsea away before you got near the turnstiles. Also in the corporate bit of Spurs. So inevitable it was coning here
You're right about Chelsea. No hold ups. Don't understand why City haven't been doing it . Spurs was a bit random where I was. Some fans need to get a grip and stop whining on about minor inconveniences.

Not so sure that is a good idea.

Not in any way opposed to the vaccine personally, but my medical records are not, and were not, a condition of my season ticket renewal. Nor should they ever be.

A move towards refusal of entry based on forced disclosure of personal medical information, including exemptions, is a slippery slope. Not one I believe the Premiership should be attempting to impose via clubs in the league.

86% of the population over 12 years old is vaccinated and that number is increasing daily. Over 90% of over 18s are vaccinated. What do they intend to achieve by this invasion of personal privacy?

Each to their own I guess. I prefer not to disclose my private medical record to an unknown system or individuals without very good reason, and I certainly don’t support this move towards vaccine apartheid.
You make some good points and see where you're coming from in terms of medical records etc. Be careful with the stats you're throwing out . ' Over 90% of over 18s are vaccinated ' .......this is dangerously misleading , as a vaccination is only worth anything when its been taken a second time. 3rd jab boosters are being done as we speak , because like any jab, the first ones wear off.
I'm baffled that you're not happy with this government, in so much they're living in denial over Covid , no vaccine passports, happy with herd mentality collateral damage and we're on every other countries ' red list' , and currently have the amongst the highest rates of infections and daily deaths etc.
Its been a dreadful 18-20 months for everyone in this country , lets not prolong it . I see some fans at City matches , home, away and Europe away who regard Covid as an affront to their self entitled lifestyles.

That's not a pop at you, and read your views with interest and agreed with some of your ' big brother ' argument. But we need to see the big picture collectively . Never thought I'd be talking about these issues on a football forum.!

Glad we can tolerate views that differ from our own without resorting to the remoaner/anti-vaxxer/Covidiot/lemming level of discourse which passes for debate on Twatter and such platforms. There was a time when we learned from listening to other people who had interesting things to say; now it’s all “are they in my gang? Or are they one of them?”. Let’s keep it up.

Just this, from me, who doesn’t like spot-checks, but knows why they’re there: if spot-checks on your vaccination-status are a small price to pay for the freedom/right to watch a game of football, what would be a medium-sized price to pay? What would make you think twice about going? What would stop you going?

Glad we can tolerate views that differ from our own without resorting to the remoaner/anti-vaxxer/Covidiot/lemming level of discourse which passes for debate on Twatter and such platforms. There was a time when we learned from listening to other people who had interesting things to say; now it’s all “are they in my gang? Or are they one of them?”. Let’s keep it up.

Just this, from me, who doesn’t like spot-checks, but knows why they’re there: if spot-checks on your vaccination-status are a small price to pay for the freedom/right to watch a game of football, what would be a medium-sized price to pay? What would make you think twice about going? What would stop you going?

This boils down to enforcement and the inability to enforce a policy brought in by a private company. There are so many get-outs to wearing masks the only way to implement the policies is to make them law and have a zero tolerance, or there will always be chancers just jibbing the system making the policy/law a farce.

Look at the big house where MP's don't have to wear masks but house of commons workers do, either force people and enforce it properly or just let it go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.