Covid Spot Checks At Etihad

You make some good points and see where you're coming from in terms of medical records etc. Be careful with the stats you're throwing out . ' Over 90% of over 18s are vaccinated ' .......this is dangerously misleading , as a vaccination is only worth anything when its been taken a second time. 3rd jab boosters are being done as we speak , because like any jab, the first ones wear off.
I'm baffled that you're not happy with this government, in so much they're living in denial over Covid , no vaccine passports, happy with herd mentality collateral damage and we're on every other countries ' red list' , and currently have the amongst the highest rates of infections and daily deaths etc.
Its been a dreadful 18-20 months for everyone in this country , lets not prolong it . I see some fans at City matches , home, away and Europe away who regard Covid as an affront to their self entitled lifestyles.

That's not a pop at you, and read your views with interest and agreed with some of your ' big brother ' argument. But we need to see the big picture collectively . Never thought I'd be talking about these issues on a football forum.!
From the Govts own report on 5th September 2021:

“As of 5th September, 39,408,470 individuals aged 18 and over have been vaccinated with at least one dose (89.0% of the population aged 18 and over3) and more than four fifths of individuals aged 18 and over have now been vaccinated with both doses (36,023,747, 81.4%).

More than 9 in 10 individuals aged 50 and over (19,917,047, 94.6%3) and more than 9 in 10 individuals aged 40 and over (25,951,012, 92.1%3) have been vaccinated with both doses.

Overall, 9 in 10 individuals aged 18 and over who have received at least one dose have also received a 2nd dose (91.4%). Second doses have been administered to more than 9 in 10 (96.8%) of individuals aged 40 and over who have received at least one dose, and more than 9 in 10 of individuals aged 50 and over who have received at least one dose (97.7%).”

I’m not underplaying the seriousness of what has happened in the last 18 months. I get it. I also understand the importance of the vaccination and booster programme in managing this issue from the point of pandemic to endemic.

This isn’t a debate about vaccine efficacy or the politics of the pandemic. This is about the requirement to disclose personal private medical information in order for us to watch our team play football in an open air environment.

However, the stats are there and provide valid context to the issue of risk v imposition. It is neither dangerously misleading nor invalid to point them out. There are, of course, caveats in all data and the data can be further interrogated where necessary, but it provides a valid start point from which to base the question as to why the Premiership, a commercial organisation, deems this necessary.

Your assumptions about my views on the Govt are your assumptions alone. My views on the Govt are irrelevant and were not disclosed in my original post. This, to me, is about the increasing invasion of privacy that we face in our daily lives by the acquisition of our personal data and the manipulation of behavioural characteristics by commercial entities.

In my view It is not the place of a commercial organisation like the Premiership to arbitrarily require access to private medical records. It sets a potentially dangerous precedent both for the clubs required to impose, manage and secure such conditions and data, and for those who feel compelled to disclose their private information.

Would you happily disclose your private medical records without a law requiring it? Would you be happy disclosing that information if there was a law requiring it? I guess it is a decision for each of us to make as individuals.

However, if the Premiership can provide valid and honest reasons as to why they are implementing such measures and how, then I would be happy to hear about it so that I can at least make an informed decision about how I wish to proceed.

Points well made , let me have a think ! This is a whole new debate, and I get the points you're making . I don't mind if the spot checks are for the greater good. and for health of everyone, fans etc. I've done a couple of trips to Napoli over the years where you couldn't get in with a belt on your trousers.

This boils down to enforcement and the inability to enforce a policy brought in by a private company. There are so many get-outs to wearing masks the only way to implement the policies is to make them law and have a zero tolerance, or there will always be chancers just jibbing the system making the policy/law a farce.

Look at the big house where MP's don't have to wear masks but house of commons workers do, either force people and enforce it properly or just let it go.
spot on

This boils down to enforcement and the inability to enforce a policy brought in by a private company. There are so many get-outs to wearing masks the only way to implement the policies is to make them law and have a zero tolerance, or there will always be chancers just jibbing the system making the policy/law a farce.

Look at the big house where MP's don't have to wear masks but house of commons workers do, either force people and enforce it properly or just let it go.
I reckon there will be an announcement on Plan B regs coming in next week, so this would be made moot.

I reckon there will be an announcement on Plan B regs coming in next week, so this would be made moot.
Watch this space , And brace yourself for more lies and horse shit .

Masks, Covid passports and working from home is what is being discussed.

According to a mate of mine who is an NHS regional strategic planner for the NW.

Obviously it could change. A week is a long time.

I would like to see a clear and concise direction for all, even though IMO that's going too far I would abide by that and if it's applied to everyone then that would be a step in the right direction.

This would mean that people who are vulnerable shouldn't be walking around mask less with a bit of cardboard saying they are exempt, like that bit of cardboard is going to save their lives or anyone that they can pass it on to, there can be no exceptions or those exceptions can be abused.

Also what would be the punishment for non compliance? A stiff talking to wont cut the mustard IMO.

I would like to see a clear and concise direction for all, even though IMO that's going too far I would abide by that and if it's applied to everyone then that would be a step in the right direction.

This would mean that people who are vulnerable shouldn't be walking around mask less with a bit of cardboard saying they are exempt, like that bit of cardboard is going to save their lives or anyone that they can pass it on to, there can be no exceptions or those exceptions can be abused.

Also what would be the punishment for non compliance? A stiff talking to wont cut the mustard IMO.
We’ve needed concise, accurate communication for 20 months now. I’m not going to suggest it’s about to start anytime soon.

Whatever is decided won‘t be adhered to anyway unless made mandatory with sufficient checks.

If it were me, I’d be pushing the “one last winter” approach. Get through this and we should be ok. Bear with us whilst science catches up etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.