Cricket Thread

Money money money, it’s a rich man’s world.

I think the biggest market for cricket is in India, The TV rights overseas will be a drop in the ocean, So playing an ODI final in India with an early start would not have been a problem,

I think the biggest market for cricket is in India, The TV rights overseas will be a drop in the ocean, So playing an ODI final in India with an early start would not have been a problem,
I don’t know the numbers but I expect the organisers do. One can only conclude that evening viewing in India (and advertising income) trumps all.

I don’t know the numbers but I expect the organisers do. One can only conclude that evening viewing in India (and advertising income) trumps all.

It was on Sunday so should have been an early start really, the organisers are not the brightest bunch, Having a daft league format that went on the a month and half and Stadiums empty for the rest of the games that did not involve India.

It was on Sunday so should have been an early start really, the organisers are not the brightest bunch, Having a daft league format that went on the a month and half and Stadiums empty for the rest of the games that did not involve India.
It was another Modi vanity project.

Notice how the cameras panned to him a lot during the Indian batting phase?

He was ready with his speech to lift the trophy with the players and the Aussies literally pissed all over that plan.

It was another Modi vanity project.

Notice how the cameras panned to him a lot during the Indian batting phase?

He was ready with his speech to lift the trophy with the players and the Aussies literally pissed all over that plan.
It is insane how the final was played in a stadium named after him. I don't even understand how do you name a stadium by the name of the incumbent Prime Minister. The final should've been played in Bombay / Calcutta, where true fans of the game reside.

It is insane how the final was played in a stadium named after him. I don't even understand how do you name a stadium by the name of the incumbent Prime Minister. The final should've been played in Bombay / Calcutta, where true fans of the game reside.
Wonder if Hampshire might rename their ground the Boris Bowl.

Fixtures out on Thursday, hope to get a to a new out ground or Lord's in August as not been there for an A List since 2009.

Lancashire still have the contract with Sedbergh School in the Yorkshire Dales, which I will avoid, but expecting Birkdale and Blackpool games.

It is great planning days out 8 or 9 months ahead with a 49% chance of being ruined by the weather :)

Lancashire still have the contract with Sedbergh School in the Yorkshire Dales, which I will avoid
I've never really looked into it, but it's a lot more complicated than the "Yorkshire Dales", it is in the YD national park, but it was originally part of Cumberland, then the west Riding of Yorkshire, then Cumbria.

It's definitely west of the Pennine watershed though, and it actually now falls under Westmorland and Furness local authority.

It's postcode is LA10, definitely Lancashire.

It also looks a nice place for cricket :)

I've never really looked into it, but it's a lot more complicated than the "Yorkshire Dales", it is in the YD national park, but it was originally part of Cumberland, then the west Riding of Yorkshire, then Cumbria.

It's definitely west of the Pennine watershed though, and it actually now falls under Westmorland and Furness local authority.

It's postcode is LA10, definitely Lancashire.

It also looks a nice place for cricket :)
I played a game there for Manchester Boys. Absolutely beautiful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.