******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't disagree generally, just sayin the batting is awful so they won't play Parky.
I'd take Broad and Anderson, but definitely play two of Wood, Archer and Stone (his fitness worries me).
I'd also take Saqib Mahmood. Seems to have gained a yard watching the Roses game.
I'd also play Foakes. Best glove man by a distance.
Stokes restores the balance somewhat. Extra batter and the 5th bowler. We can then have 3 other quicks and a spinner.

Didn't realise being able to bat or field was a requirement even for the batsman in the team. Parkinson is a far better bowler than Bess, who's averaging 40 odd in the Championship. I'd rather have a wrist spinner in the team, or squad than some average off spinner.
Like it or not cricket has been going this way for twenty years. If you can’t do two of the disciplines well you better be exceptional at one. I’m a big fan of Parkinson but they think he bowls too slow for test cricket and they’ve seen plenty of him on the winter tours to know what he has. Maybe when we get a proper all-rounder in the team they’ll give him a go but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Like it or not cricket has been going this way for twenty years. If you can’t do two of the disciplines well you better be exceptional at one. I’m a big fan of Parkinson but they think he bowls too slow for test cricket and they’ve seen plenty of him on the winter tours to know what he has. Maybe when we get a proper all-rounder in the team they’ll give him a go but I wouldn’t hold your breath.
He's still relativity inexperienced in first class cricket, but is taking his wickets at just under 20 this season, if he continues improving I'd take him to Aus, and I'd like to see him get a game on any spin friendly wickets vs India. He's bowled some jaffa's this season, pitching outside leg and hitting top of off a couple of times, and his economy rate is solid. And the Lancs games I've watched have hardly been turning square. I was very impressed with the young Sussex off spinner Carson in the game vs Lancs earlier in the season, might be one to keep an eye on, think he's only 20.

It was the same with Keedy, he was a good enough bowler to be a second spinner on an India tour for example, but he didn't contribute anything with the bat so never got picked.

Watching the women's test v India, openers have better technique than the men & Laura Winfield - Hill is far better looking

He's still relativity inexperienced in first class cricket, but is taking his wickets at just under 20 this season, if he continues improving I'd take him to Aus, and I'd like to see him get a game on any spin friendly wickets vs India. He's bowled some jaffa's this season, pitching outside leg and hitting top of off a couple of times, and his economy rate is solid. And the Lancs games I've watched have hardly been turning square. I was very impressed with the young Sussex off spinner Carson in the game vs Lancs earlier in the season, might be one to keep an eye on, think he's only 20.
Yeah Carson is good - from Northern Ireland though

So strange watching two teams that aren't England fight it out in Southampton.

Feels like the usual England commentary team are away on a team bonding day/ Christmas party etc and these lot are covering. Just a weird vibe!

Think New Zealand will win this one though. They probably share the most similar conditions to England at home and they've had a really good lead up to this match with the series against England.

hearing that oilly stone is out for the rest of the season with a stress fracture in the back ?
why are fast bowlers falling like flies. bad coaching maybe ? the ashes are going to get messy and i don't see where the runs or wicket are in this england setup. archer was the silver lining for england chances but again never plays more than one test and out with a injury

stokes will give his all but his bowling is limited. broad/anderson never do well down under and past it
as for spinners well we all know the way england go with root or moeen ali. i like sam curran he is a little fighter. woods is ok but control is lacking. woakes never is given enough time and in and out

the winter ashes are great bed time listening you turn the lights off and get warm and your there
but sadly your turning off after a hour and cold again

Does any one thing one match final for championship contested over 18 months is fair …I would think of having best of 3 test matches for the future as final. This one could be a washout

Does any one thing one match final for championship contested over 18 months is fair …I would think of having best of 3 test matches for the future as final. This one could be a washout
Or play it in Dubai so the weather is pretty much guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.