******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
hahaha

he would love England winning, but would be going bonkers when we lose

Let's give some credit to England, we have just beaten the number 1 ranked test team 3.0
OK it's at home, and we have some very good bowlers that suit our conditions, but I feel the batting side of the team has won us this series, in the style of positive batting with attitude

in the past 4 or 5 years England batting was poor, it was only Joe root they needed to get out, then the rest would follow pretty quick, but this summer we have seen some backbone from England

Let's give some credit to England, we have just beaten the number 1 ranked test team 3.0
OK it's at home, and we have some very good bowlers that suit our conditions, but I feel the batting side of the team has won us this series, in the style of positive batting with attitude

in the past 4 or 5 years England batting was poor, it was only Joe root they needed to get out, then the rest would follow pretty quick, but this summer we have seen some backbone from England
NZ ranked 4th, were 3rd before the series, were number 1 in late half of 2021. I think 2021 was the only time they have been ranked top, and declined badly this year.

NZ ranked 4th, were 3rd before the series, were number 1 in late half of 2021. I think 2021 was the only time they have been ranked top, and declined badly this year.

OK the ranking system is poor and all over the place, because it's taken from the start COVID-19 outbreak in 2020
so many teams have dropped because of no cricket for a year or so, but England over the past 2 years have played the most cricket, so the ranking system is still not right

but credit to England and not just in winning but the way we have done it

Can't remember where it was as it was 27 years ago! but I've found the highlights on YouTube. From 9.40

It was also the game Cork stood on his wicket (I think) and casually just put the bails back on like nowt had happened played on and managed a half century he was always a hard faced fucker that one.

OK the ranking system is poor and all over the place, because it's taken from the start COVID-19 outbreak in 2020
so many teams have dropped because of no cricket for a year or so, but England over the past 2 years have played the most cricket, so the ranking system is still not right

but credit to England and not just in winning but the way we have done it
Flip the coin over and say we didn’t win all 3 tests and we’d be having a different argument.

High risk batting has got us a series win.

We could have easily have lost all 3 playing in the same manor.

Let’s see how long it can last, because I can’t see us beating the Aussies playing like this!

Three great wins , with three hard run chases on paper.

confidence looks to be very high in the team and it looks like a weight has been lifted from the players shoulders

how bad a coach was Silverwood though, there have been hints coming out about it no being much fun at the very least

This reminds me of when Trevor Bayliss first took over the test team , we were also playing New Zealand and that was a cracking series as well

will be interesting to see how far this belief carries the team, hopefully all the way until next summer

although the head says that without a decent top three we’ve got no chance against Australia

Flip the coin over and say we didn’t win all 3 tests and we’d be having a different argument.

High risk batting has got us a series win.

We could have easily have lost all 3 playing in the same manor.

Let’s see how long it can last, because I can’t see us beating the Aussies playing like this!

Yep spot on
it's a risky way to set up I agree, but the way we were losing test matches, I think the gamble was worth taking
the old England would be banking on a one-man team in Joe root scoring the runs and then blocking the other end

as for the ashes, next summer England will be looking for a bowler like archer or wood to come in for jimmy
but we must not take a step back in the approach we are using because they will smell the fear in the batting line up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.