Cricket Thread

What is annoying me is that the cricket channel will be blabbering about the 16.4 instead of cricket for the next few weeks.
Seems the decimalised format sponsored by crisps is on the wane. It doesn’t pay enough and overseas stars are playing in the US this year.

The family side of the game is great, but it needs to return back to the traditional cricketing format, but the ECB will try and milk as much out of it before it dies.

Ticket sales are way down so far this year too.

Seems the decimalised format sponsored by crisps is on the wane. It doesn’t pay enough and overseas stars are playing in the US this year.

The family side of the game is great, but it needs to return back to the traditional cricketing format, but the ECB will try and milk as much out of it before it dies.

Ticket sales are way down so far this year too.
How much would a ticket cost for a "16.4" game at OT; pure guesswork, £50?

That's a lot cheaper than I expected, obviously (given my previous post!). But even if I was living over there, I wouldn't pay itm
Yeah, it’s not for me either. I’ll no doubt tune into a few matches, but it’s too brash and convoluted.

The format is only as it is so that the ECB don’t have to pay the licensing fee for the T20 format. Maximising profits. Started off with a bang, but is dying a death now.

Franchising has never taken off in U.K. sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.