Cricket Thread

Yeah, it’s not for me either. I’ll no doubt tune into a few matches, but it’s too brash and convoluted.

The format is only as it is so that the ECB don’t have to pay the licensing fee for the T20 format. Maximising profits. Started off with a bang, but is dying a death now.

Franchising has never taken off in U.K. sport.
I don't think it's played in any other of the established cricketing nations, is it?

How much would a ticket cost for a "16.4" game at OT; pure guesswork, £50?

£50 is exactly what I paid for a final ticket at Lords in the 'Gold' tier of seating.

£36 for a Friday evening game at the Oval again in Gold tier.

They're some of the more expensive games. For a mid week game at Nottingham we paid £22 last year to get very good seats just behind the bowlers arm.

We've made it a bit of an annual thing. Having the two games makes it worth the effort imo. It can get a bit confusing with the absence of overs and some of the over the top 'entertainment' can prove wearisome but we've always had a good day of it.

Seems the decimalised format sponsored by crisps is on the wane. It doesn’t pay enough and overseas stars are playing in the US this year.

The family side of the game is great, but it needs to return back to the traditional cricketing format, but the ECB will try and milk as much out of it before it dies.

Ticket sales are way down so far this year too.
In order to make it more enjoyable (for those with an iq equivalent to a golden duck), a boundary hit that bounces will be worth 5 next year and a clean strike into the crowd worth ten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.