Cricket Thread

As good an innings as it was, sometimes he is part of the problem batting wise.

A very slow start to his innings, got us well behind the rate while wickets were falling, then he accelerated beyond getting to 50, still losing wickets, then refusing runs with only a handful of runs required, and still a couple of wickets left.
Yeah, I think Lancs score too slowly in all formats at the moment and it costs us chances to win more games.

The Parkinson delivery where he stopped a certain boundary was probably the nail in the coffin though, along with the run out.

Sutton being badly injured meant we were doomed after that.

I missed that, what happened ?
We lost it in the last over mate.
Suttons injury didn’t help, but a self inflicted needless run out didn’t help. Without that we wouldn’t have needed Sutton to hobble on.
Great century from the captain, and overall a much better performance than the last game, but still a defeat and a good day out.

Right, now where’s that after-sun gone?!

After growing up watching the great West Indies sides, it's sad seeing how shit they have become for quite some time now.

When I first got into cricket, names like Rohan Kanhai, Garfield Sobers, Wes Hall, Charlie Griffiths were mentioned in awe. It was like talking about ogres who sometimes came out of the woods to eat children.
Then there were two or three generations of that ilk that followed.
Long gone…

Was down in London over the weekend to see Springsteen and did the Lords tour yesterday. You can feel the history wherever you turn, really knowledgeable tour guides and I highly recommend it if you get the chance.

Story of the urn was interesting and I thought I knew the history but turns out I didn’t!

Also, the famous Lords slope is unbelievable in real life - 8 ft 4” difference from one side to the other.

Was down in London over the weekend to see Springsteen and did the Lords tour yesterday. You can feel the history wherever you turn, really knowledgeable tour guides and I highly recommend it if you get the chance.

Story of the urn was interesting and I thought I knew the history but turns out I didn’t!

Also, the famous Lords slope is unbelievable in real life - 8 ft 4” difference from one side to the other.
Not done it. Thanks for the tip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.