Cricket Thread

I don’t follow cricket too closely but why are there very few spectators, very unlike cricket crazy Pakistan.

Oh a do like a bit of irony AHT
He’s got an after dinner story to tell now.

When I was vice captain of England and Stokes tore his hamstring, I became captain of England, despite never captaining anywhere before.

Captaining in Pakistan was completely alien to me and we lost the toss and Pakistan batted first and made 550.

In taking the final catch, Ben Duckett, one of our openers, dislocated his thumb.

As captain, I took the responsibility and I stepped up to open the innings, despite never opening before.

It turned out to be an Inspired decision as we made over 800 with Harry Brook making 300 and Joe Root 260 odd, but it was an absolute road of a pitch.

How many did I make, you ask?

I got a second ball duck.

I don’t follow cricket too closely but why are there very few spectators, very unlike cricket crazy Pakistan.
That part of the world has really been taken over by the white ball game. Indian Pakistani and Sri Lankan crowds seem to have, on the whole, given up on test cricket. I'm guessing that an India vs Pakistan test might still draw a fair crowd, though.

That part of the world has really been taken over by the white ball game. Indian Pakistani and Sri Lankan crowds seem to have, on the whole, given up on test cricket. I'm guessing that an India vs Pakistan test might still draw a fair crowd, though.
Especially if held in Kashmir.

The ability of this England team is not the best in my lifetime but the mentality is. Imagine the likes of Atherton Stewart hussein Strauss etc going for 560 in the first innings and being in a winning position on day 4. Truly amazing what difference a positive attitude makes

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.