Cricket Thread

Where did that post go about this being an appalling wicket for test cricket? The wicket, and Englands mentality, has made for a pretty enjoyable Test. England rarely draw if the weather is ok for 5 days

He’s got an after dinner story to tell now.

When I was vice captain of England and Stokes tore his hamstring, I became captain of England, despite never captaining anywhere before.

Captaining in Pakistan was completely alien to me and we lost the toss and Pakistan batted first and made 550.

In taking the final catch, Ben Duckett, one of our openers, dislocated his thumb.

As captain, I took the responsibility and I stepped up to open the innings, despite never opening before.

It turned out to be an Inspired decision as we made over 800 with Harry Brook making 300 and Joe Root 260 odd, but it was an absolute road of a pitch.

How many did I make, you ask?

I got a second ball duck.

I don't think anyone would ask Pope to review his time as captain, he's not particularly good at a review.

You’ll be pleased to know that the second test is on the same ground

Let's hope if we win this match we win the toss for once and bat for 5 days!! Pakistan team manager is who wants these flat pitches so they don't lose!
It's a joke! At least the pitch should be spinning and a bit of low bounce come late in day 3!

This is unbelievable. A monumental collapse on the most docile of pitches.

Reverse the teams and the press would be crucifying England. Probably with the RIP English cricket vibes again.

It's called mentally disintegration and bowling fuller
And a wicket getting a bit tougher on day 4. I’ve enjoyed this test.

I will add that some of this is due to me - that’s the fourth time I’ve gone into the other room to do emails and a Pakistan wicket has fallen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.