Cricket Thread

Think the Aussies are much better prepared than us, they have just played India in World Test final a nice warm up test at Lords while we played Ireland. The first test is going to be a massive statement and advantage to whoever wins it.

Absolutely buzzing for the Ashes. The football has been intense and I need a break from it, so a nice peaceful 5 test Ashes series in 6 weeks is exactly what I need!!!

I'm really interested to see how Australia cope with our attacking tactics. I think they're probably the best side to give us some back, but like most others I think they'll refrain from doing so because they're very good playing the traditional way. They've got the better bowling options. Boland is an excellent addition in English conditions and then you have Cummins and Hazlewood who are fantastic, Starc can be hot and cold but is a solid option and Lyon will tie up and end and take wickets. Hopefully we can destroy him with our attacking approach.

I'm worried about our bowling options, and we will need the openers to really step up - particularly Crawley. Without Archer, and with Wood missing this first test we just look a bit light.

Moeen could go either way. I don't rate Leach and Moeen can certainly do the same job as he's done, plus is miles better with the bat - could just be the player that pulls this series in our favour.

The other factor for me is whether Stokes can bowl. He was going full pelt in training so hopefully he can as he's got that magic spell in him that you need in a series like this.

Come on England!

Absolutely buzzing for the Ashes. The football has been intense and I need a break from it, so a nice peaceful 5 test Ashes series in 6 weeks is exactly what I need!!!

I'm really interested to see how Australia cope with our attacking tactics. I think they're probably the best side to give us some back, but like most others I think they'll refrain from doing so because they're very good playing the traditional way. They've got the better bowling options. Boland is an excellent addition in English conditions and then you have Cummins and Hazlewood who are fantastic, Starc can be hot and cold but is a solid option and Lyon will tie up and end and take wickets. Hopefully we can destroy him with our attacking approach.

I'm worried about our bowling options, and we will need the openers to really step up - particularly Crawley. Without Archer, and with Wood missing this first test we just look a bit light.

Moeen could go either way. I don't rate Leach and Moeen can certainly do the same job as he's done, plus is miles better with the bat - could just be the player that pulls this series in our favour.

The other factor for me is whether Stokes can bowl. He was going full pelt in training so hopefully he can as he's got that magic spell in him that you need in a series like this.

Come on England!

It will also depend how the Aussie bowlers react if we go at them on a good length and smash them all over the park! I feel Cummins will be defensive toe here he puts his fielders too to slow our run rate down!

Can Bazball work against the Aussies and really are they that good despite the win against India?
Take them out early and let's get it won before we get to Manchester.

Think the Aussies are much better prepared than us, they have just played India in World Test final a nice warm up test at Lords while we played Ireland. The first test is going to be a massive statement and advantage to whoever wins it.
Just bat them out of the game

That is my main worry -Duckett and Crawley ! We do bat a long way down the order and we will need it too.
Pope at 3 also has me worried against the aussie's, because he's going in to bat inside the first 6 or 7 overs more often than not, and his record against the aussie's is poor, albeit from a smart sample, 67 runs from 6 innings. The batting 4 to 8 looks strong though, I reckon Root and Brook will both have to have very good series for us to stand a chance.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.