Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by neel, 11 May 2019.

1. Muffin or barm?

Muffin or barm?

Anyone stopped watching Stokes' catch yet? Wow!!

2. Citizen in Pakistan

Citizen in Pakistan

Lack of excitement on this forum around the world cup and possibly the best ever English side in limited over history is really surprising. Don't need to remind me its a footy forum but this side can really bring it home. Their only challenge will be their nerves in the finals.

3. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

We're only happy when England are shit.

Great performance though, under a bit of pressure and came back really strong.

4. Henkeman

Henkeman

Cricket has been hidden away from the public on pay tv for 15 years. Hardly surprising it goes under the radar after all that time. England are a very good team, but cricket is now a niche interest.

5. BimboBob

BimboBob

A doozy of a catch. Great performance from England, with bat, ball and fielding.

6. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

We are a great one day team. Just so well balanced right down the order.

Between us, the Aussies and Windies I think. I usually stick a tenner on Pakistan for limited overs touraments but they have no chsnce this time.

7. BimboBob

BimboBob

Can't bet against England but it could be India as well.

8. hcblue95

hcblue95

Archer really has made us a complete team. Our batting is just silly. Between us and India in my opinion but I'd put us pretty clear favourites.

9. Citizen in Pakistan

Citizen in Pakistan

It will be surprise if eng or ind doesn't win this one. Never have i seen a team where 11 players can bat and are capable of scoring at pace. This is a significant advantage eng has over the rest imo.

BimboBob likes this.
  10. RandomJ

RandomJ

Maybe because the ECB cared more about cashing in than letting the country watch it. Also because Sky have the rights the highlights on channel 4 can't be run until Sky's highlights show has started. So that means highlights are going to be on at 11pm onwards. This was a good chance to get kids interested in the game but no they'd rather line their pockets.

squirtyflower likes this.