Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Like cricket. Not as much as footy. The thing that gets me is positioning on the field. I know who is bowling and the backstump and slips but rest...? On side, off side, leg side? How many sides are there? Nobody ever shows you on a graphic. Sure there are many like me.

Talking of Stokes catch, who remembers Jack Bond's wonder catch in the Gilette final years ago?
Kent were cruising to victory, Asif carting Lancs bowlers all over the shop. He smashes one in direction of extra cover, where Bond, fielding quite short, leaps up and snatches one handed. Cue Kent collapse and Lancs win. Some southern prick commentator suggests it wasn't really fair for the game to turn on a 'fluke'.
PS If Stokes had been back on the boundary, where he was supposed to be, simple catch.

Like cricket. Not as much as footy. The thing that gets me is positioning on the field. I know who is bowling and the backstump and slips but rest...? On side, off side, leg side? How many sides are there? Nobody ever shows you on a graphic. Sure there are many like me.
Cricket_fielding_positions2.svg

That's for a right handed batsman; if he's left handed, just imagine a mirror image of that diagram.

Does anyone follow the scores on ESPNcricinfo ?

The guy that types out the ball by ball commentary is called Shashank .....it gets annoying when he keeps hitting the escape button on his keyboard ....

Go and stand in the corner and reflect on what you've done.

Don't shoot the messenger. I didn't draw the bloody thing!

Look, if you're going to post something incomplete, then take responsibility man!

Actually on a more serious point, I think that overcomplicates it a bit. An abiding irritation is how cricket sometimes seems to revel in complexity that isn't truly there. That bloody tea towel has a lot to answer for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.