cried

tears in eyes everytime ive watched it, last time i balled like that was when ricky villa broke my heart in 81, but these tears of joy will live with me and my son forever after all the hurt

I was tense as hell once we kicked off and my brother who supports the wrong team (although to be fair to him he is a proper fan and he never really gloats) was watching their lot on SkyGo and when I heard Rooney had scored I was just tense as hell until Zabba scored. Half time the nerves settled and then QPR equalised and I was all tense again, 2-1 to QPR and I was thinking "it's typical City all over again" and had horrible flashbacks to when I was sat in Maine Road as a kid watching us get relegated to Liverpool and thought it was going to feel as bad as that as the stick I'd get from the guys at work would be unbearable. With 20 minutes left I was pacing about, just aimlessly walking in and out of the kitchen and conservatory whilst watching us. Then I gave up on about 87 minutes and just sat in the doorway to the room and watched the clock go down, saw the almosts and the misses and then Dzeko scores! Then I'm jumping up looking at the iPad my brother has their lot on and I'm going mad saying "we won't do it, Sunderland won't score either" and their whistle goes. I sit back in the doorway and then Aguero! My Mum and Dad are going crazy shouting, my brother is sat in silent shock and dispair and he kept saying we'd end up winning all day but I didn't believe him. I ran into the conservatory, dived onto the floor, got carpet burn on my arm, had some sort of fit on the floor and then went back, sat in the doorway, hands over my face, shaking, and just broke down into tears. That's how I think it went anyway, those five minutes were just an absolute blur.

So in short, yes I did cry, although cry isn't really the word, total breakdown is more like it.

I was close to crying when we nearly lost it. The sheer desperation, but I held myself together thinking, "This is City, if we did things the easy way it'd be no fun." Then my mum text me:

"Remember '99. We live in hope."

That's what being a City fan is about, hope. I never stopped believing it might happen, until it did.

Then my god, I went on a sliding scale of ultra-masculine to ultra-feminine in about 30 seconds. I got such an adrenaline rush my instinct was to punch the nearest thing to hand which happened to be my laptop. After jumping and shouting for 10 seconds the overwhelming feelings just hit me and the tears started to flow. I rang my mum sobbing my heart out.

Yeah, my laptop is now broken.

Cried again when I watched the highlights. It feels like I'll cry every time I watch it even though I know what's going to happen.

It's so out of character for me though, I honestly can't remember the last time I cried and I've never cried over City before.

Just... well... what can you say?

When Sergio scored the winner I just exploded and didn't even realise I was crying until I stopped celebrating. Shared a very emotional hug with another blue. It was an amazing day.

eyes streaming, stomach doing flips - the excitement was unreal! One of the best moments of my life!

Yes I also shed a bucketful of tears over the end of the match, I was so drained afterwards, but feeling brilliant as well................

He was the one i really wanted to get the winner, he realises the fans fucking love him.

when he slammed it home i had tears in my eyes, the celebration got me! hasnt kompany said sergio had tears rolling as well!?

I'm 47 years old, and was at the game. Couldn't believe what occurred, but fuck me I didn't cry. I'm a fucking bloke, and blokes don't bastard cry. Jesus Christ, this whole thread is like some fucking Facebook page for 13 year old girls talking about Justin Bieber......man up the lot of you!

Yeah, you read it right.........................'Let's be 'avin you', in my best Dehlia Smith voice!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.