Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, Ronaldo reminds me of the Christian Bale character in American Psycho (the narcissism and the preening, not the serial killing side).
Anyway, if he came to us and helps us win the CL then, obviously, I'd be happy.
It's just that it would be all about him, because it always is. Call me a stupid romantic if you want but for me being a football fan is about cheering on (and feeling part of) a team that is a proper collective, of the feeling of a shared desire. Of going through the ups and downs, the near misses etc etc. I want it to be a journey that we all share/experience, both club/players and fans alike. That was what hooked me into being a football fan to begin with.
For me Ronaldo would never feel part of that "collective."
As I said at the beginning, if he comes to us and helps us win the CL then great. However, if we did it without him it would be even better...it would be "stupendous!" ;-)

If City ate interested, the onus is on Juve to shift him, if they aredesperate to get Ronaldo out and off their wage bill.

To be honest, Ronaldo reminds me of the Christian Bale character in American Psycho (the narcissism and the preening, not the serial killing side).
Anyway, if he came to us and helps us win the CL then, obviously, I'd be happy.
It's just that it would be all about him, because it always is. Call me a stupid romantic if you want but for me being a football fan is about cheering on (and feeling part of) a team that is a proper collective, of the feeling of a shared desire. Of going through the ups and downs, the near misses etc etc. I want it to be a journey that we all share/experience, both club/players and fans alike. That was what hooked me into being a football fan to begin with.
For me Ronaldo would never feel part of that "collective."
As I said at the beginning, if he comes to us and helps us win the CL then great. However, if we did it without him it would be even better...it would be "stupendous!" ;-)
Spoilers, mate! :p

Ronaldo and his agent looking for a last payday , no thanks ,if we want to sell shirts then Messi was the option not the prancing pony.
- would likely be on less than he is at Juve
- wants to win silverware
- can take us to the next level

I think people are comparing this to us signing George weah or something. Ok, he’s not 28 any more but he’s still at the top of his game at 36. Hes a freak of nature.

I think the reason why people are getting a bit excited over this one is that there is literally no other viable option (at the level we want).

The club put all its eggs in the Kane basket, there are only 6 days left, and people are speculating about players like Vlahovic (no disrespect to him, but it would be a risky one and it’s nothing like what was promised with the Kane and Messi speculation).

People were underwhelmed with us being linked to Ings, and for good reason. Now he’s joined Villa, it’s looking like we even missed out on him.

There was one job this window... replace Aguero. And the only option which can fill that void now seems to be Ronaldo. Who would have thought that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.