Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
ake is better than scrap ? even if we loaned both out we would get a fee
We shouldn't sell Aké at all. And who is taking Mendy, even on loan? and if Mendy goes we'll need a LB. Then we need to sell another player to sign Ronaldo.

To be honest, Ronaldo reminds me of the Christian Bale character in American Psycho (the narcissism and the preening, not the serial killing side).
Anyway, if he came to us and helps us win the CL then, obviously, I'd be happy.
It's just that it would be all about him, because it always is. Call me a stupid romantic if you want but for me being a football fan is about cheering on (and feeling part of) a team that is a proper collective, of the feeling of a shared desire. Of going through the ups and downs, the near misses etc etc. I want it to be a journey that we all share/experience, both club/players and fans alike. That was what hooked me into being a football fan to begin with.
For me Ronaldo would never feel part of that "collective."
As I said at the beginning, if he comes to us and helps us win the CL then great. However, if we did it without him it would be even better...it would be "stupendous!" ;-)
The first bit of your post gave me a nightmarish vision of Ronaldo stood in the showers doorway at City and saying to Bernard Silva who is showering with Mendy "don't just look at it.. eat it"

Bad bad imagination I know

Not a pep player, incredibly self interested and the thought of him putting on a shirt and having to celebrate him score a goal turns the old stomach.

In short fuck Ronaldo
I am not convinced Pep would want Ronaldo, as you say he is selfish and not really a team player. Unlike Kane does Ronaldo really want to play for City, I think he sees this possible move as one last chance for a big pay day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.