Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's far too old. Thus , far too risky. He's lost a lot of his ability last few months. Wasn't as sharp in the Euros . Huge gamble . Why are his club keen to give him away?? Stay away

1. He's almost three years younger than Ibrahimovic, who's still scoring at a crazy impressive rate. And Ronaldo is one of the most physically sharp players in football history. His body at 36 still seems more able than Kane's at 28.

2. A Ronaldo who's lost a lot of his ability is still scoring more than any forward we've ever had (yes, sorry, that includes Sergio- even at his best he never got within 2 of the 29 league goals Ronaldo managed last season) and is certainly still better than any option we have at the club.

3. Got the Golden Boot at the Euros

4. His club clearly are not keen to give him away and are obviously trying to prevent it. Not sure where you've got the impression that they want rid.

I don't think we'll sign Ronaldo, nor do I want him much, but you've still made four arguments that don't really work.

I'd be very surprised if we do sign him.
Personally not the option I'd've had at the club (but who am I?)

Yes he's turning 37 in a few months, but he's still a physical specimen. One of the greatest players of his generation, arguably the 2nd greatest player of all time. Would bring a step up in 'winning mentality', would score goals. And, if anyone can temper his worst tendencies then it's Pep.

Hasn't been a Utd player in well over a decade - let it go. Money aspect, eh.

As I say I'd be surprised, think there are much better long term options, but I can see the logic behind a move.

Speak for yourself you have no idea who I cheer for and who I don’t, I did smile at the apart from the rapey bit he is like the majority of us.

I just don’t fall into the support any **** that pulls a blue shirt on, I’m happy with that stance. I couldn’t stand Barton for instance when others would happily cheer the fucker.

I do wonder what it takes for someone to have an outlook that winning a football game is the most important thing and overrides any morality.

Also wages are speculation? My view that they will be really high isn’t much of a guess.

I like we have built a team without huge egos and our legends are the likes of Kompany Silva and Agüero. This self loving dickhead isn’t one I want to get behind. The love in is quite sickening imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.