Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth mentioning Juve just finished fourth and failed to win the title for the first time in a decade with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring 29 goals. Not done their CL ambitions any good either.

Meanwhile, our top scorer last season was a midfielder with 13 goals.

I'll take the cohesive unit.
Each to their own I guess... but having a stat of "top scorer with 13 goals" isn't something to be proud of in my book...

It does show we had plenty of players on the pitch capable of scoring but non of them are clinical finishers and I guess (I don't know the stats) miss more chances than they put away...?

I actually like the "team spirit / cohesive unit" a lot - but having a clinical striker is something this team really needs (hence us going balls deep for Kane)

He very rarely acknowledges the assist player for his goals. It’s everyone look at me, take a picture.
He’s not alone in behaving like that. I always want the ones that celebrate by sliding on their knees to hit an unexpected dry patch and go face first into the turf. It’s the little things in life.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment - having a "cohesive unit" doesn't win matches - goals do... and they are something we are severely lacking at the moment. You don't need 11 men to "press" the ball when we loose it

If the front line doesn’t press as a unit we don’t recover the ball in the high position and the opposition are allowed to release the ball upfield quicker.
So, of course we need everyone to press and if you don’t care for us having a high press then you’re not keen on Pep’s brand of football and all the success it’s brought us.

PS. Out of respect for those who don’t think we need a cohesive team press, the above is IMO of course :-)

Last edited:
If the front line doesn’t press as a unit we don’t recover the ball in the high position and the opposition are allowed to release the ball upfield quicker.
So, of course we need everyone to press and if you don’t care for us having a high press then you’re not keen on Pep’s brand of football and all the success it’s brought us.

PS. Out of respect for those who don’t think we need a cohesive team press, the above is IMO of course :-)
That's just not true (in that everyone HAS to press ALL THE TIME in a Pep team)

Bernardo is good at it and KDB occaisonally goes mad and chases the ball down - but this idea that we hunt the ball down like a pack of wolves everytime we loose it just isn't true...

And who said I "didn't care" for a high press? Don't put words into my mouth - try reading what I posted again and you will see I DO like the team "unit" idea but can also see the massively obvious need for a clinical striker - they are not mutally exclusive

Anyway - it's your opinion and it's no more or less valid than mine so hey ho... all's good

I would take him. But knowing City we rater spend endless time on transfers that are not happening, while this guy offered himself to us! A year 2 contract would be enough.

Same agent as Bernardo, would it be possible to see some sort of swap deal between city & juve if Bernardo has his heart set on leaving?

Same agent as Bernardo, would it be possible to see some sort of swap deal between city & juve if Bernardo has his heart set on leaving?
Not if there is a zero percent chance City would be interested in fake Ronaldo and Bernardo wants to move closer to home (ie Spain).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.