Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I'm a Manchester City supporter, I'll support whoever wears the beautiful City colours.

I've supported some right dross and arseholes over the years, butI've got behind them all. some I warmed to and others I struggled...Andy Cole!!

That won't change now.

I'm willing to bet Ronaldo (if he signs) will grow on all of us within months. A few goals and the odd interview will change minds quickly.

Ronaldo will be a positive step.

I'm trying my hardest to warm to the idea,I really am,I think if he signs,I will read your post on a daily basis,to try and convince myself it's a great idea in my mind.

I don’t understand what their fans are so bothered about. He left United 12 years ago, that’s a long time ago now. And for a few years before he got his move he was in talks with Madrid and handed in a transfer request in 2008. He showed them back then he didn’t want to be a United player.

Also, Billy Meredith, Matt Busby, Brian Kidd, and Dennis Law are probably the four biggest names of the 40 players or managers who’ve been at both City and United, and all four are legends of both clubs and with both sets of fans. And many of the other 36 are seen in a good light by both sides.

Why can’t they look at CRonaldo as someone who was at United when they were the Manchester club who were challenging for the big trophies regularly, went to Madrid and Juventus and became a legend of the sport, then comes to City who are now the Manchester club who are challenging for the big trophies regularly? What is it that they can’t hold him in the same light as Denis Law and Brian Kidd?

City fans used to go and watch United when Busby became their manager because they loved Busby.
Yeah they say we aint their rivals and then get all hot and bothered about even the possibility of him coming here (not saying its going to happen)

they talk about history but then conveniently forget the parts like those you mention (busby, law etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.