Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brilliant thing about all this is: we can still win 3 trophies and better anything the scouters do. forget the media, we have to stick together. Fans, players, manager. The thing that worries me, is pep continues to play gundogan and raz when they are no where near it right now. Think everyone on here agrees that Bernie simply has to play. Cancelo for aguero when down 1-0? Come on city. What bothers me is, I’m not too confident in champions league and pep, gundogan on the right 2 years ago at anfield, kev and sane on bench last year at spurs. Seems like we will shoot ourself in the foot again. Love pep but he’s had a few shockers. Agree or disagree
Totally agree - can't see why anyone thinking straight would take Augero off for Cancelo - one of if not the deadliest premier league strikers and replace him with a somewhat iffy or unproven defender - madness. It is not the most logical way to win a game when you are down and must have been a huge physiological boost to Spurs

I didn't watch the game mate but we do have to differentiate between performance and result at times and going off the comments and matchday thread we played well enough to suggest the performance isn't far off, just finishing letting us down.

Some days the football gods are cruel and right now they really do not like us it seems.

It will change and we will be back winning games again soon enough.

Its an ongoing problem though mate it’s hardly knee jerk. We should win the league cup, still in the fa cup and champions league but we ain’t winning the champions league if we keep missing chances and conceding nearly every time a team has a chance. And these are some pretty shit teams. What have we learned from otamendi and sterling playing today? What have we learnt from Rodri and gundogan playing together? He complains about the number of games and then flogs KDB,Sterling and won’t at least see how Garcia does at the back with a run of games. I have yet to hear a convincing argument against these points.

We were unlucky wears thin after a while.

17 attempts to 3 and some people are blaming Pep. It’d be funny if it wasn’t so fucking idiotic.

Today wasn't Pep's fault and he is not the problem.

The players have manged to blow several games that, on the balance of play, they should have won.

Pep could pick any sensible 11 (i.e. 4/3 defenders, 3 midfield players etc) from this squad and they would still f#ck up this season.

The team hasn't been clinical enough throughout Pep's time; they've compounded that this season by making far too many crucial defensive errors - a situation not helped by not having Vinnie and Big Eric.

I am at the stage where I would love to see us change several players this season but that is easier said than done.

I'm not here to slag anyone at the club but it's time for the club to be ruthless in the transfer market and, if necessary, break some transfer records.

Its an ongoing problem though mate it’s hardly knee jerk. We should win the league cup, still in the fa cup and champions league but we ain’t winning the champions league if we keep missing chances and conceding nearly every time a team has a chance. And these are some pretty shit teams. What have we learned from otamendi and sterling playing today? What have we learnt from Rodri and gundogan playing together? He complains about the number of games and then flogs KDB,Sterling and won’t at least see how Garcia does at the back with a run of games. I have yet to hear a convincing argument against these points.

We were unlucky wears thin after a while.

We could be the Harlem fucking Globetrotters and we are not winning the CL mate.

Football is cyclical, teams have a shelf life and this side needs a few changes now that much is clear.

Im neither surprised nor upset by that.

Can’t help but feel this is peps last season and the club and him already know it , there was no expression on him when spurs scored and he hasn’t looked happy for a while . Could never criticise him for what he’s done , but I think this will be his last year , I’ve been told he’s kept them in for 45 mins in the changing rooms after the game , be interesting to know what’s happening , as things don’t seem right at the club .

We are creating an absurd amount of chances. Missing a penalty, Gundo ballooning over the bar from 6 yards out. Aguero not having his shooting boots on, I am trying to work out what more you want Pep to do in these scenarios. I wouldn’t be playing Sterling at the minute, but even with him we should have been winning comfortably by half time. When he chops and changes things and we play shit I fully agree. When you batter a team all game and fluff every chance it’s hard to blame that on the manager

It’s a tough one maybe don’t play the players who keep fluffing chances. Maybe start Foden and see if he falls apart in the box so you know in future. We all know how otamendi plays. Maybe see what Garcia can do. When your losing maybe bring on Jesus and don’t put sterling up front. Maybe stick with 3 at the back after we tried it see how it goes.

No harm whatsoever in trying any of the above really.

Jose called it 'God's will' that we missed
His body language looks a broken man. Wouldn't be shocked he leaves the end of the season.

At the end of a game like that, and a few this season, it is easy to feel like that i imagine. The players are still fighting for him, he doesn't appear to have, as the cliché says, 'lost the dressing room'. still plenty to play for. Who knows, the whole lot of them might come out of this hungrier and more mature for the seasons to come. And this one might not turn out to be as bad as many seem to have determined it to be.

We could be the Harlem fucking Globetrotters and we are not winning the CL mate.

Football is cyclical, teams have a shelf life and this side needs a few changes now that much is clear.

Im neither surprised nor upset by that.

I think the problem is we are the fucking Harlem globetrotters:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.