Crowd v Plzen

Didsbury Dave said:
East Level 2 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I d imagine they would be the 200 'cat a' tickets which every club gets in the champions league.
I thought they were in CB tier 2, roughly level with the penalty area towards the south stand. Opponents get about 250 seats in that block each CL game.

Yeah, they usually are. I just guessed that for some reason they'd moved them.
No, they were in there tonight. Must have been some sort of tour mob.

Didsbury Dave said:
cibaman said:
Can anyone explain why they opened up the top tier for about 15 Plzen fans? They did the same against CSKA.

I know its not exactly the most urgent of questions that needs to be answered. But these things take on greater significance during a slightly dull match

I wondered about that.

There were twelve. It was a dull match.
I expect they are UK based who turn up without a ticket, and call at the ticket office. I'm speculating but its happened before. Their cat a fans were in the normal place in the CB, and filled it unlike most clubs, there were also quite a few in our areas, especially the east stand. Seemed to be a whole row at the front near the half way line.

Good attendance to be honest, not as many as we took to York obviously, but pretty decent.

cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:
cibaman said:
Can anyone explain why they opened up the top tier for about 15 Plzen fans? They did the same against CSKA.

I know its not exactly the most urgent of questions that needs to be answered. But these things take on greater significance during a slightly dull match

I wondered about that.

I expect they are UK based who turn up without a ticket, and call at the ticket office. I'm speculating but its happened before. Their cat a fans were in the normal place in the CB, and filled it unlike most clubs, there were also quite a few in our areas, especially the east stand. Seemed to be a whole row at the front near the half way line.

Good attendance to be honest, not as many as we took to York obviously, but pretty decent.

That was my first thought but it seems odd that they would open up and steward an entire area, presumably including toilets, concessions etc, for twelve fans, when there were hundreds of empty seats in the tier below. It would have cost far more to do that than they would have taken in ticket money.

Plzen brought more fans than I thought they would . In the independent it said the crowd was 41,000 for last nights match .

cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:
cibaman said:

I wondered about that.

One of my neighbours is from Plzen, she knows quite a few Czechs around Manchester. They all went as a group even though a lot of them support Sparta Prague, they seem to just enjoy any Czech team representing their country in the Champs League. Same happened when we played Poznan, whole third tier of Polish fans who came to support Poland not Poznan.

Didsbury Dave said:
Lavinda Past said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Just looked. 37,742

Saved me looking for you then...?

I told you it was a good guess Dave. You'll probably get a VIP ticket for the knockout rounds... (But I wouldn't bet on it)

:)

We always used to have a "guess the crowd" game at Maine road amongst our lot. Winner got fuck all of course apart from the right to go 'yes!' to everyone when it was announced over the tannoy.

Haha our lot used to do the same, although we all chucked 50p into the hat, winner takes all :-)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Is anyone else as embarrassed as me about this crowd?

no , and i cant understand why a city supporter loads the bullets for the rags on here , just remember city's fan base is working class , not a bunch of glory hunting day trippers that frequent the swamp , and finances a month before xmas , can be under strain . I couldnt go to the game because of work commitments , but if i had decided to let my heart rule my head , i would have lost £300 in wages and another £75 attending the match , just not feasible in the current economic climate .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.