Crowd v Plzen

People are running on empty with the cost of football. I'm going but if I had kids or whatever with Christmas coming up and this match being pretty meaningless then maybe I'd have to think again.

Official attendance 34,000 paying customers

Actual attendance 25,000 in the stadium

wolfie1988 said:
Just looked at the seat planner on the website and a hell of a lot of available seats have appeared from somewhere? I looked last week and all blocks were either Low or Ok availability except the top tiers which were greyed out but we now have areas of very good availibility too.

I think GMP will be very wrong expecting 40k and we'll be lucky to get 25k

The club need some experience on how to price games where we have already qualified as up to now we have never had that luxury.

LoveCity said:
Looking at the planner, I'd say it could be one of our lowest since Midtjylland (17,000-ish), but not that low. Maybe on par with recent early round League Cup games (25,000-ish). Personally, as always, can't wait for it. :)
I remember when we played Dynamo Kiev at 5.30 PM on a Thursday . The crowd was about 28.ooo but the atmosphere in the South stand was still good .

The attendance will easily be at least 32,000.

Just looking at the planner is deceptive as you forget that around probably 40-50% of tier 3 were sold on the 3 game bundle. That amounts to around 6-7,000 which if they were relocated would easily fill the spaces on Level 1&2.

My guess, taking into account walk ups, the attendance will be 34,000.

Slightly more than at home to Mansfield in 1998 ;-)

cheddar404 said:
People are running on empty with the cost of football. I'm going but if I had kids or whatever with Christmas coming up and this match being pretty meaningless then maybe I'd have to think again.

Fair play to those that do go. Many years ago I would have been gutted if I missed a Simod cup game. I have only been to 3 games this season and am following on tv, radio or the match day thread. I am doing this for a number of reasons after 30 years of going to virtually every home game and hundreds away. One is after a particularly stressful year I am trying to relax and rest and secondly I am trying to spend more quality time with my kids. I am also saving a few quid. I hope and know I will get my city match attending mojo back but it absolutely staggers me that young people can justify spending 33 on a school night for a match like this when it is on the telly!! Anything over 30000 is sensational in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.