Crowd v Plzen

JGL07 said:
gmckennasell said:
JGL07 said:
Suddenly large numbers of tickets has disappeared from the planner. I suspect that a lot of complementaries have been handed out.

Maybe 38,000 in total?

why would the club give tickets away , when loyal supporters are paying through the nose for them ? More likely the club have decided to close some upper tiers/blocks , i wont be there because of work commitments , but i will be surprised if there is less than 40,000 on wednesday night.
They obviously gave away loads for the CSKA Moscow match. There was a large school party from Bradford in our section. Much the same thing happened then with seats being removed from the planner late on.

This is a dead rubber and I would not have expected a large crowd anyway.

Also at the Academy training, tickets were given to the boys and their parents. I've no problem with this sort of thing as a lot of the boys there are Utd fans and if we can win them over then so be it.

mammutly said:
Win this game and we are playing Bayern for top spot in the group. Doesn't that have implications for who we draw in the knockout phase?

Will play bayern for top spot if they lose at CSKA and we beat plzen.....implications are runners up have to play the winners of a group and must play the 2nd leg away from home...we can't draw bayern(was in our group),and can't draw the rags,Chelsea or arsenal,should they all win their groups........tough game no matter what if we finish runners up,but not much easier should we miraculously win the group.......hope this helps.

"A limited number of tickets are still on sale for tomorrow night’s UEFA Champions League tie against Viktoria Plzen"

That's one way of putting it. :)

Unless they have had people around Manchester handing them out to schools and police.

SPIDERBOY said:
mammutly said:
Win this game and we are playing Bayern for top spot in the group. Doesn't that have implications for who we draw in the knockout phase?

Will play bayern for top spot if they lose at CSKA and we beat plzen.....implications are runners up have to play the winners of a group and must play the 2nd leg away from home...we can't draw bayern(was in our group),and can't draw the rags,Chelsea or arsenal,should they all win their groups........tough game no matter what if we finish runners up,but not much easier should we miraculously win the group.......hope this helps.
We will play Bayern for top spot if we get as many (or more) points than they do tomorrow. The difference is that if we get more points than them tomorrow we can win the group by beating them by any score in Munich, but if we get the same pioints we have to beat them in the head to head results and we're 3-1 down.

East Level 2 said:
SPIDERBOY said:
mammutly said:

We will play Bayern for top spot if we get as many (or more) points than they do tomorrow. The difference is that if we get more points than them tomorrow we can win the group by beating them by any score in Munich, but if we get the same pioints we have to beat them in the head to head results and we're 3-1 down.
I think if we can only match what Bayern do tomorrow, then it will be very difficult to go to Bayern and beat them 3-0

But if they draw in Moscow, then it could be game on.

What would happen if we stick 5 past Plzen, and Bayern win by 1 goal. Would a 2-0 win in Bayern be enough? I think it might.

We have to do all we can to win the Group otherwise we will need to very lucky in the draw or play a great two games in the next round

Marvin.
It won't be enough.
Head to head not GD counts if we're level on points.

LoveCity said:
"A limited number of tickets are still on sale for tomorrow night’s UEFA Champions League tie against Viktoria Plzen"

That's one way of putting it. :)

Unless they have had people around Manchester handing them out to schools and police.

There was always a strong possibility this game would be a dead rubber, as far as the fans are concerned,
The club should have had a plan in place to sell tickets at a refuced price not give them away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.