Crvena Zvezda (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Decent win against an average team..they would probably have beaten the rags though.
The young kids were fantastic and the goals were very well taken..good penalty by Kalvin too and I'm pleased for him and you could see it meant a lot to him.
Nunes looked very good and he's quicker than I thought he was
6 out of 6 is a great way to win the group.

I enjoyed watching that. I thought the team that started looked good, well balanced. They looked like they had been playing together for a while but obviously they haven't. It was Nunes best game for us, Kovacic did well too. The academy contingent was fantastic. Well done City and a big congratulations to the academy and the young ones who played tonight.
Second half we set up like we did against Leeds. Man to man everywhere. Nunes and Bobb were great at collecting balls off Moreno, who was superb tonight.

Johnny Stones was back to his line breaking best too.

Hamilton would be a decent sub. Direct and not afraid to shoot.

Thought we played some very nice football at times. Got a bit sloppy defensively later on but that was understandable. All played their part but I thought Bobb looked very tidy on the ball and Nunes made some very good runs.

Quite an enjoyable watch.

Well done blue boys! For a group that hadn’t really played with each other at all, they looked at ease. Academy lads showed poise and promise, with decent shifts also from Kalvin, Matheus, and Mateo. Another away win to cap a perfect group stage run.

As good as we could get from that. Kids impressed and even scored. the ones who still need bedding in, namely kovacic and nunes looked much more comfortable with Kovacic in particular was excellent in a largely unnoticed role. kalvin scored. Seemingly no major injuries, grealish seemed like a minor impact thing and nunes just looked to have cramp. Happy days.

Just what the doctor ordered a low-blood pressure game and performance and very well enjoyed.
When Pep has to change the (System) and slot players into a 4.5.1 we look silky and smooth and know what we are doing, It's when players that are asked to play like Rodri or KBD in the (System) that we struggle

Pep hates change because it is a well-oiled machine and his best 11 or 15 play the system in their sleep, it is so worked on in training and over and over again until you get it, That is why some players take a season to settle in because you have to have it in you to play it blindfolded.

#Together

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.