Crvena Zvezda (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Not seen that before, I like it!
I watched Great British Sewing Bee Celebrity Christmas edition today and the young woman who plays Sonia in Eastenders made an anorak as a Pop star Fancy Dress party for Gallagher with the Union Jack's on and A MANC and something else on the back. But to see her imitate his strutting walk was amazing she had him down to a tee. Brilliant.

IMG-20231213-WA0012.jpg

Just fuckin WOW! I've got tears in my eyes watching our babies terrorise Europe! (⁠•⁠‿⁠•⁠)

I wanted to see what our second string were made of, especially the EDS lads, & boy did they all live up to their star billing!

In Hamilton & Bobb we've got our very own street footballers who showed no fear, probably because there was no pressure to win apart from pride & achieving six out of six in the group stage. But they both did us proud & shone a bright light on our Academy.

Hamilton's individual goal was taken like a seasoned pro. The way he dribbled, jinxed, wrong footed 3 defenders & lashed his shot into the goal nearly tearing the net apart, was a thing of beauty.

Bobb's individual goal bamboozled FOUR Red Star players, leaving one guy with twisted blood before he twisted again & steered the ball past the last defender & keeper whilst on the ground for a superb goal.

OK, some may say it was only Red Star, but we can only play what's in front of us. I thought Lewis, Akanji & Gomez were very very good too.

Kovacic kept things ticking over centrally with some supreme touches & driving runs. This is Nunes' level imo. He was silky smooth & mostly very good tonight, but he just lacks that something & end product that all top players have.

I'm so happy Philips got a goal, but I honestly think winning a treble & that penalty will be his legacy at Manchester City. He allowed their player to drift past him for their first & inexplicably stopped running instead of tracking him. It's those small margins that matter at this level, & if he doesn't get that age 28, I doubt he ever will.

Susoho looked nervous after we conceded a second moments after he came on for Kova. The goal wasn't his fault but it unsettled him for 5 minutes afterwards. However, when he settled down, he showed some brilliant touches & made a few mature passes to keep us out of danger & help setup a few driving attacks. He'll be glad to get his debut out of the way, & hopefully we'll see a lot more of him.

Gutted we conceded two, but considering the young side we put out away in the Champions League, I ain't complaining.

Hamilton, Bobb, Lewis & Susoho have left me with a BIG smile on my face. The future's bright. The future's Sky Blue! ◉⁠‿⁠◉

View attachment 101347

Just fuckin WOW! I've got tears in my eyes watching our babies terrorise Europe! (⁠•⁠‿⁠•⁠)

I wanted to see what our second string were made of, especially the EDS lads, & boy did they all live up to their star billing!

In Hamilton & Bobb we've got our very own street footballers who showed no fear, probably because there was no pressure to win apart from pride & achieving six out of six in the group stage. But they both did us proud & shone a bright light on our Academy.

Hamilton's individual goal was taken like a seasoned pro. The way he dribbled, jinxed, wrong footed 3 defenders & lashed his shot into the goal nearly tearing the net apart, was a thing of beauty.

Bobb's individual goal bamboozled FOUR Red Star players, leaving one guy with twisted blood before he twisted again & steered the ball past the last defender & keeper whilst on the ground for a superb goal.

OK, some may say it was only Red Star, but we can only play what's in front of us. I thought Lewis, Akanji & Gomez were very very good too.

Kovacic kept things ticking over centrally with some supreme touches & driving runs. This is Nunes' level imo. He was silky smooth & mostly very good tonight, but he just lacks that something & end product that all top players have.

I'm so happy Philips got a goal, but I honestly think winning a treble & that penalty will be his legacy at Manchester City. He allowed their player to drift past him for their first & inexplicably stopped running instead of tracking him. It's those small margins that matter at this level, & if he doesn't get that age 28, I doubt he ever will.

Susoho looked nervous after we conceded a second moments after he came on for Kova. The goal wasn't his fault but it unsettled him for 5 minutes after. However, when he settled down, he showed some brilliant touches & made a few mature passes to keep us out of danger & help setup a few driving attacks. He'll be glad to get his debut out of the way, & hopefully we'll see a lot more of him.

Gutted we conceded two, but considering the young side we put out away in the Champions League, I ain't complaining.

Hamilton, Bobb, Lewis & Susoho have left me with a BIG smile on my face. The future's bright. The future's Sky Blue! ◉⁠‿⁠◉
Love this. Great post.

Very, very pleased with that. ,Best performance I've seen from our "second string". Cohesive team play, forward looking, decent performances from Nunes and Kovacic and, best of all, a real showing from the youngsters. Loved it.

Quite often when we field a team like that we get a disjointed performance but, as you say, that was cohesive. That is the sort of performance we want from a team with very few first choice players in it.

Very enjoyable. No stress as not much at stake but also great to see good performance from young players and guys who aren’t regulars. All the kids did well.

Winning six out of six for the first time is nice.

Thought the ref was weak and gave our players no protection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.