Crvena Zvezda (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

I am a fan of trivia. The scoreline today annoyed me. Why?
Before the game we had:
Played 5
Won 5
Scored 15
Conceded 5
Difference 10
Points 15
All multiples of 5

Had the score remained at 3-1 it would have ended as multiples of 6
Played 6
Won 6
Scored 18
Conceded 6 (actually was 7)
Difference 12
Points 18

Blame my dad for the mathematical trait - he was a genius with numbers.
Very good, I love mathmatics.

What a night for the Manchester City Academy.

Five of its graduates on the field at the same time, the first two goals scored by its products, and the penalty won by one of them.

On top of that, they all played well, and didn’t look out of place alongside their more experienced teammates.

I’d imagine Khaldoun and his team will be delighted.

I thought that was the best we've played in weeks. On the front foot every time, going forward all the time, lots of energy.
Special mention to Nunes, was a beast, beating players for fun.

And what about Hamilton? There is no better feeling than one of the youngsters scoring and not only a youngster but a lad from Manchester with city in his blood. Probably the best feeling of seeing a goal scored this season. Well, tell a lie, our 3 at the swamp had me feeling like zeberdee.

Great win. Roll on Saturday.

I thought that was the best we've played in weeks. On the front foot every time, going forward all the time, lots of energy.
Special mention to Nunes, was a beast, beating players for fun.

And what about Hamilton? There is no better feeling than one of the youngsters scoring and not only a youngster but a lad from Manchester with city in his blood. Probably the best feeling of seeing a goal scored this season. Well, tell a lie, our 3 at the swamp had me feeling like zeberdee.

Great win. Roll on Saturday.
I think the injection of youthful energy made a big difference.

Even though there was nothing riding on the game, the effervescence of youth got the whole team playing with dash and excitement. In addition, as Pep briefly mentioned in the presser after the game, winning is contagious. It spreads positivity in the dressing room, and lifts the more experienced players.

So as you said, bring on the weekend. It’s funny but a nothing game such as last night could even help to turn our season right around!

I am a fan of trivia. The scoreline today annoyed me. Why?
Before the game we had:
Played 5
Won 5
Scored 15
Conceded 5
Difference 10
Points 15
All multiples of 5

Had the score remained at 3-1 it would have ended as multiples of 6
Played 6
Won 6
Scored 18
Conceded 6 (actually was 7)
Difference 12
Points 18

Blame my dad for the mathematical trait - he was a genius with numbers.
You need to speak to your probation officer about the terms of your curfew. You need to get out and get laid have a little fun!

We looked more fluid but I'm not sure of the relevance against the 18th team in the Prem and one of the few CL sides with fewer points than the rags.
Very impressed with Bobb and Hamilton, and Rico is using a bit more strength at times.
Excellent penalty from KP as well.
I take your point, and I suppose fluid might not be the exact word I was looking for. Balanced would be a better term. Irrespective of the oppo the game itself was very easy on the eye and I imagined with certain players added to the starting 11 ie Rodri, KDB then we’d add that extra quality and match winners. Whilst keeping the balance of the team and the quality of the play. I’ve always enjoyed the way we play with a false 9 and I can’t help think it suits Peps style easier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.