Crvena Zvezda (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Three City players have scored their first goal for the club in the same match. Has this ever happened before in the professional game? There's a question for the statisticians and football historians.

West ham away first game under Sven I think Elano, Bianchi and Geovanni all scored.

The youngsters excelled in a hostile atmosphere. The only downside for me was Gomez in defence, and Phillips didn’t look on it but to be expected with his game time . Nice to see the fans cheering when he nailed the penalty because he was on a hiding to nothing if he’d missed he would have been slaughtered on here

I am a fan of trivia. The scoreline today annoyed me. Why?
Before the game we had:
Played 5
Won 5
Scored 15
Conceded 5
Difference 10
Points 15
All multiples of 5

Had the score remained at 3-1 it would have ended as multiples of 6
Played 6
Won 6
Scored 18
Conceded 6 (actually was 7)
Difference 12
Points 18

Blame my dad for the mathematical trait - he was a genius with numbers.
There was 5 goals in the game so that should put your mind to rest

I am a fan of trivia. The scoreline today annoyed me. Why?
Before the game we had:
Played 5
Won 5
Scored 15
Conceded 5
Difference 10
Points 15
All multiples of 5

Had the score remained at 3-1 it would have ended as multiples of 6
Played 6
Won 6
Scored 18
Conceded 6 (actually was 7)
Difference 12
Points 18

Blame my dad for the mathematical trait - he was a genius with numbers.
We won a game without Rodri. There are five letters in rodri!

It's a funny thing. It was a dead rubber, a match that meant nothing in practical terms. Yet I'm not certain that any performance/victory has given me so much satisfaction. It's because of the kids, of course. They didn't just score. They played beautiful football. They were worthy graduates of the academy. It was moving, actually. That photo of Hamilton on the touchline with the other two, Lewis and Bobb, trying to piggy back, is a gem.

Three City players have scored their first goal for the club in the same match. Has this ever happened before in the professional game? There's a question for the statisticians and football historians.
Never before, apparently.

It's a funny thing. It was a dead rubber, a match that meant nothing in practical terms. Yet I'm not certain that any performance/victory has given me so much satisfaction. It's because of the kids, of course. They didn't just score. They played beautiful football. They were worthy graduates of the academy. It was moving, actually. That photo of Hamilton on the touchline with the other two, Lewis and Bobb, trying to piggy back, is a gem.
In fact there were a couple of occasions when the three of them were playing keep ball whilst the rest of the lazy bastards stood around and did nothing! Almost like they had been playing together under the same system for years!

Also, I still think there is a player in Nunes trying to get out, If Pep could teach him how to play with everyone else, he could be one of his great successes.

Now, I'm not Catholic, in fact I'm not religious at all, but if any of you guys are going this weekend, please pass on my thanks for John getting through another game.

The youngsters excelled in a hostile atmosphere. The only downside for me was Gomez in defence, and Phillips didn’t look on it but to be expected with his game time . Nice to see the fans cheering when he nailed the penalty because he was on a hiding to nothing if he’d missed he would have been slaughtered on here
Gomez is a strange one for me. Hes never looked like he has the physicality for the premier league and always seems very weak in the challenge. I know he's a boyhood blue and I would love him to succeed, but what I've seen up to now I can't see that happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.