Crvena Zvezda (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

The worst miss in that game I think was Foden's header. Point blank, met it beautifully but straight at the keeper. I know heading isn't his greatest assset but it's something he will need to work on.
I'm not so sure - would need to see it again, but I thought he tried to glance it to to the right of the keeper, expecting him to move left. The keeper didn't move as much as expected, and Foden got a little more on it, but it didn't look quite so straight.

Sounds crazy after the amount of chances we created but i thought we were poor.
Wide Wide open at the back, less said about the finishing the better, similar to West Ham. Over 30 shots but missed sitter after sitter and thought our passing was sloppy esp the final third.
But 3 points on the board and move on
Yep totally agree. We were very sloppy but it's difficult to criticise too heavily when we keep getting the job done. The positives are we have key players to come back, making loads of chances and we keep on winning playing under par.

One to file in the ”take the three points and move on” file.

We didn’t play that badly, but we arent half missing some chances at the moment.

Haaland is going to score 12 in a match soon. He can’t keep missing these chances!
I don't register them as misses. Apart from the mis-fist for Hoolihaan's second goal their goalie had a 'match of the season' and we were merely millimetres from Haarland gettin' yer quadruple hat-trick. The fact that he never stops and mopes about one miss is mightily encouraging. The scoreline should be been reflected in a six, seven or eight goal haul. Red Star won't be that lucky in Belgrade.

Actually think that's probably the best we've played as a team so far this season in terms of our patterns being varied and us creating chances just couldn't finish them. Always had full confidence we would win comfortably because we were vastly superior to them even though they did alright and their keeper had a great game.

Routine win in the end, did what we had to, sadly couldn't avoid one of the main aims other than winning which was no more injuries.

We've got forest this weekend, we should be smashing them, we will have to throw the carabao cup game and play almost the full eds side with the likes of lewis, bobb and gomez as the senior figures, . Maybe newcastle will do the same with them having champions league too which might see for a competitive game, then its wolves next weekend, by then we should have kovacic and grealish back minimum before we go to the emirates.

Nice to see Red Star Belgrade live - a famous old club. And that’s about it really.

Another fairly meaningless procession of a game against hopelessly overmatched opponents - yep it’s CL time again

And they’re expanding it next year to about ninety clubs. Brilliant idea.

I don't register them as misses. Apart from the mis-fist for Hoolihaan's second goal their goalie had a 'match of the season' and we were merely millimetres from Haarland gettin' yer quadruple hat-trick. The fact that he never stops and mopes about one miss is mightily encouraging. The scoreline should be been reflected in a six, seven or eight goal haul. Red Star won't be that lucky in Belgrade.
He’s been slightly off his finishing game so far this season. Still has 7 goals.

He’ll get back to his best soon. The finishing gods haven’t been with him for 2 games now.

We still win anyway!

F**k me, based off that interview he's going to make a great future manager. Incredibly articulate and providing in depth answers to difficult questions in a second language. An intelligent footballer on the pitch, and equally erudite off it.
director of football his aim

Enjoyed that, five seasons ago there would’ve been 10’000 less on the gate, no atmosphere & we’d of played at a much slower tempo, scraping a one goal win…..only downside was City giving them 100 seats in CB2 when there’s a thousand going spare in the away end
uefa rules friends n family

Need to get more ruthless in front of goal.. although i’m sure we will so not concerned

That’s 3 or 4 matches so far this season where a catalogue of missed chances has given our opponent a sniff

It should have been double figures tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.