Crystal Palace (A) | Post-Match Thread

Pleased with the win but I must say that it was one of the Palace players who really caught my eye. I think we all warm to players who play with a smile on their face and accept the rough with the smooth but that cheery young lad Wilfried set a real example of enjoying every minute of the match. To such an extent that he felt it such a privilege to play for his team that he couldn't tear himself away from the pitch at half time but sat on the touch line for a good two minutes. The fans must be looking forward so much to being able to see him next season on the pitch. Such a good natured young sprog.
This must be a Clarkie? At least I hope it is.

Jesus barely scores enough goals to be a main midfielder.

He’s got the same or less PL goals than Lingard, Ward-Prose, Bowen, Soucek, Harvey Barnes and Madison.

He’s a good option as a wide forward but nowhere near good enough to be a main striker for a title challenging club. The fact Pep would rather play a strikerless system when he is fit says it all.

The thing with Jesus is that he rarely looks like scoring. At least Sterling has chances and fucks them up.

IMO, Jesus does have a future here but as a wide forward or 3rd choice striker.

when he first come to city jesus was the future ? sadly he has not developed enough to nail down his place and now will be on the bench with aguero sterling before him ? like i said manchester city are a the stage that we can not carry anybody. you have to bring something to the table to keep your place

manchester city next season will be a different club in the forward line and both jesus and sterling could be sold to make way for new blood and delap will be given a squad place

sterling would suit a move to london arsenal or spurs. jesus could be off to spain and a top club over there
city will bring in 2 new strikers one will be haaland the other could be somebody with a bit more age and established striker

Right my fellow Blues.I offer NO apologies for my half time rant at that somewhat turgid performance and I was quite critical of Sterling,Jesus and Torres.
However that second half performance from Torres was brilliant and he should be doing more of that and pushing his way for some regular starts at the expense of Sterling who is shocking this season for some reason.
Still not convinced that Jesus will be anything more than a good player,plenty of running but like Sterling runs down blind alleyways at times.
Overall a very good performance after that shit in the first half.
Must give a great big mention (apart from Sergio who was truly great) to both Ferno (get that contract sorted City) and Ake who was wonderful.
Well done you nearly so Championes !!
Probably the word to describe you today is fickle

I am shamelessly a full-on, bus-smashing, Yaya-injury-cheering, hubcap-stealing, bang-out-of-order dipper. I want this thing settled by tomorrow evening, if poss. We go into the game on Tuesday knowing that we're champions. Nice…
Yeah that'll give us an extra boost

Could have picked an 11 off here and we'd have won.

Palace were completely disinterested and clearly in beach mode.

3 points nearer.

I think the dips will put the scum out of their misery tomorrow.

Could have picked an 11 off here and we'd have won.

Palace were completely disinterested and clearly in beach mode.

3 points nearer.

I think the dips will put the scum out of their misery tomorrow.
Great result but don't agree about Palace. They were organized and defended well. Zaha being shit didn't help them.
One we got the first it really could have been a hatful

Pleased with the win but I must say that it was one of the Palace players who really caught my eye. I think we all warm to players who play with a smile on their face and accept the rough with the smooth but that cheery young lad Wilfried set a real example of enjoying every minute of the match. To such an extent that he felt it such a privilege to play for his team that he couldn't tear himself away from the pitch at half time but sat on the touch line for a good two minutes. The fans must be looking forward so much to being able to see him next season on the pitch. Such a good natured young sprog.
It's great to see that he appreciates what a privileged young man he is. He is young, fit and healthy and getting paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to play outside in the spring sunshine. He knows he is fortunate to have a great future unlike millions of unemployed compatriots. Well done Wilf !

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.