Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

People forget in 2012 we were comfortable until we were not and then we had to chase it again.

I didn't forget, I was actually going to include 2012 comes closest as a comparison. But even then, there were a few more exchanges at the top spot than this season. We also didn't have the risk of complacency we do now. But point taken, to an extent.

Edit. none of this squad were around in 2012.

Last night I feared a repeat of that 2012 Sunderland game when we just couldn't score and suffered a very late sucker punch 1-0 loss when Martin Tyler nearly ejaculated.

People are assuming (even the scousers themselves) that Liverpool won't drop any other points outside of our game at the etihad.

They have been on a good run since owing to a run of some nice games. I just think they will drop points in atleast a couple of games
I'm sorry but I just can't see the scouse bastards dropping points, I mean how many points have they dropped in the last 10 games

I didn't forget, I was actually going to include 2012 comes closest as a comparison. But even then, there were a few more exchanges at the top spot than this season. We also didn't have the risk of complacency we do now. But point taken, to an extent.

Edit. none of this squad were around in 2012.
I think there’s parallels with 2018/19. That season it was nip and tuck all season and we needed to win 14 straight games to win the title. Most of the squad are still with us. To guarantee the title we may need to win 9 straight, this squad is capable of that.

I'm sorry but I just can't see the scouse bastards dropping points, I mean how many points have they dropped in the last 10 games
If Liverpool win 18 straight matches to win the league they’ll make history and deserve to win the league.

Don’t forget before we drew at Southampton we had the league sewn up. Before we lost to Spurs we were in fabulous form. At some point everything will be rosy for Liverpool and then they’ll drop points.

imo, fans can only have hind-sight, the players have to make decisions then we make comments. Some comments are agenda-driven, blatantly so, hiding behind "i'm entitled to my opinion blah blah" and "the money they're on" etc.
That's BM for ya, pissin' on chips, even our own :)
Excuse me dave and buzzer happily list out reasons why I personally am the polar opposite of "know nothing about the game" fukin smug arse stupid thing to say. Maybe right but not here ta.

Passing my was awful from some, Cancelo gave the ball away numerous times (again) playing the wrong pass that was easily intercepted and broke down our attacking moments and put them on the counter.

Rodri was his usual shite self in the midfield with clumsy tackles, he just bundles players over and sloppy passing, KDB give him a gob full for a shocking pass and rightly so.

I thought Walker, Laporte and Cancelo looked sloppy at times in the first half.

Silva and Grealish occupied the same spaces far to often and far too rigidly. Silva is better tucked more inside and into the half space between their midfielders and defenders. Grealish just isn’t a wide attacking player. No pace, limited skill set. Foden and Grealish should swap positions more for me. But that’s peps call.

I’ve noticed recently we play a lot of hit and hope crosses. Rather than hitting a clinical decisive target in the box when we hit the bi-line. But then again, to often the clinical target in the box is what we are missing and that’s our biggest problem in games like this. It’s obvious to say but any decent striker scores last night.
I agree with a lot of this and I would say that the defence have been sloppy with their passing since the winter break. The obvious exception being the rolls Royce that is John Stones.

I disagree about Rodri who has been superb this season and was okay last night.

I am still not sure why we signed Grealish but I hope to be proved wrong on this.

A combination of bad finishing and bad luck meant we didn't win but I think we played well enough to win.

Kev and John were excellent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.