Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

people say Liverpool will drop points are the same people that said 10 games before today they will drop a lot of points in next 10 games? :)
in that case I hope they dont say again Pool will drop lot of points in their last 10 games...
A quick check of results (apologies if I missed a result, multi tasking)

Dippers last 10. 1 defeat, 1 draw

City last 10, 1 defeat, 2 draws!

I actually liked the line up, but KdB False 9, Foden LW and Grealish LCM (which then lets Bernie play RCM) is my preference, I think it suits the players better.

Foden and Grealish could swap at will.

Watch the match again and listen out for a chorus of bluemoon which was clearly turned down by Sly.
Sky and BT are constantly doing that at Selhurst to all away fans. It’s as if they don’t want the band geeks to be interrupted.

Brighton (yes, Brighton) fans didn’t stop singing there earlier in the season and every few seconds the volume was being tampered with to make the Palace fans sound louder.

It’s a strange one. If you’ve ever been to Selhurst you’ll know their atmosohere isn’t that good, it’s just a small group of them in the end behind the goal that constantly sing (sometimes the entire bottom tier joins in) but the rest of the ground are silent… but the TV makes Palace sound like prime Legia Warsaw.

I actually liked the line up, but KdB False 9, Foden LW and Grealish LCM (which then lets Bernie play RCM) is my preference, I think it suits the players better.

Foden and Grealish could swap at will.
I agree with this.

Foden was arguably the best left forward in Europe last season. Neither Sterling nor Grealish are better than him there but he’s seldom used there now.

At Old Trafford this season and Paris at home last season (two games that stick out), we used Bernardo and de Bruyne as two false 9s rotating around the pitch. I think that’s when we’re at our best.

Im not particularly keen on Foden as the striker.

Nope. The fact we don’t have a striker is putting players out of position and unsettling the balance.
So if you were picking a team say for a champions league final
Who would you play on the left
Would Jack be in your starting 11

This confirms what it felt like watching it. I've seen us play 0-0s where we can't break down teams, last night wasn't one of them. 4 or 5 clear cut chances that really, really should have been a 2-0 or 3-1. If we play like we played last night while, importantly, taking our chances we have a very good chance of winning the league.

Oh stop bleating just because we didn’t win. Viera’s job is the get CP points by any means necessary. He did his job.
You say “he did his job” by getting CP a point by any means necessary. So would you like him to bring those tactics to City?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.